cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hook Method for a view !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to know as to how many times hook methods [ initView, modifyView ] of a view are called if I have a following scenario -

Say I have 2 links in View1. Based on the linked selected, my right side view contents should change. I want to use a single view on the right cell of the viewset. I'm changing the visibility of transparent containers contained in that view. Each container has UI elements based on the link selected in left cell view i.e view1.

In this case i have to fire multiple outbound plugs from view1 so, after the 1st time the view2 is displayed, is the initView2() called for second time on firing the outbound plug from view1 again.

Please tell me the sequence & no. of times hook methods of view2 are called.

Thanks,

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ever u call the out fire plug if it goes to next view then it will take initialize hook methods every time when ever u call your outbound plug.

When ever you call link it will call the hooks methods automatically.

U mean to say you have create the links in first view to pass them second view but u can go only one action one time ony when ever u go over there the hook mathods activated.

Thanks,

Lohi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firing one outbound plug will suffice your requirement and control the visibility of the UI elements pertaining to each link using WDVisibility property.

On click of each link, every time the second view is initialized and its init() method is invoked.

Thanks & Regards,

Amar Bhagat Challa