cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back up of transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I am a sap Technical consultant. i got the point that we can take the back up of transport request from one sap system to some external devices so that you can use that tp to store in some other sap and then transport, no need to create those developement object what is there in tp .

with out the help of basis person how can i do, please guid me step bt step.

Please help me out immediately.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your target system, go to STMS, open the import queue of the development system and add the desired tp(s) manually. But I doubt this will be possible without access to the local server file system. Afterwards they can be imported like other requests, I would also tick 'as original' to get future access without object keys.

Regards,

Christian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MAY HELPFUL

Former Member
0 Kudos

as far as I understand the question, Ajit wants to get a transport (oir so to say the files of the transport) from one transport domain to another transport domain without the help of a SAP basis guy.

This is not possible, and that's a good thing, cause if you could get around these guys, there'll be a lot more damaged in SAP systems by people just doing exactely this.

Kind regards,

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit,

When you release a request, SAP always save two files (Data and Cofile) in your /usr/sap/trans directory. You can find this directory in your Transport Domain Controller (uses TA STMS to check it).

Inside /usr/sap/trans/data directory you'll find files with the name RNNNNNN.SID where:

NNNNNNN -> Request number

SID -> System ID.

Inside /usr/sap/trans/cofile directory the only difference is that the file starts with "K" instead of "R".

If I understood your answer, you'll need to backup both directories.

If you need to import the backuped transpor request to another SAP System, follow those steps:

1) Restore the files inside the same directories in your new SAP System;

2) Add to buffer the requests in new system. To do that you can create a script using "TP" command or add manually using transaction STMS;

3) Import the requests.

<b>Important Note:</b> Please be carefull with all requests that contains standard objects.

If you have furthers questions please don't hesitate to answer.

Rgs,

Gustavo Kauffman