cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Type in Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am importing Vendors in MDM SP4 that I extracted from BI. In Import manager my Vendor and GN_Vendor fields appears with numeric type but I created them in the Console with text type. I also cheched the xls input file but they are in text format. Can you please tell me where to change the field type from numeric to text.

Because I can only import Vendors who have numeric name.

In advance thank you for your kind help,

Aklilu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aklilu,

As Far as I understand,

the problem is with your source and not the destination.

The source field type from BI, is numerical and this has to be changed to text in the source

The destination field is a text field and hence no need to change the field type in MDM.

Hope this helps you solve the problem.

Let me know the result.

Thanks and Regards,

<b>Rashmi Jadhav</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Thanks for your quick response.

Actually I converted the csv file extracted from BW to xls. I changed the format (from general to text) in xls file but the problem persist.

Kind regards,

Aklilu

Former Member
0 Kudos

When mapping to destination fields without a value domain, the data type of the source and destination fields must be the same.

When mapping to numeric measurements, all source data values must have the same physical unit of measure.

The problem is because of the Data Type mismatch.

Please refer to page 17 of the Import Manager Reference guide.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Maybe it is because of the read only check box is checked by default. But I can not uncheck the read only check box in the import manager.

Kind regards,

Aklilu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I forgot to mention that in the Import Manager the Vendor and GN_Vendor fields appears with numeric field type in the SOURCE not in Destination.

Kind regards,

Aklilu