cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Deserialization Error when calling WebService-method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when calling a WebService-method from my WebDynpro-application, I get the following error message:

"Deserializing fails. Nested message: XML Deserialization Error. Can not create instance of class [com.karmann.ApplMan.dto.SoftwareKomponenteDTO] when deserializing XML type [urn:com.karmann.ApplMan.dto][SoftwareKomponenteDTO].."

SoftwareKomponenteDTO is a class that I have implemented. It implements Serializable and overwrites the methods "equals()" and "hashcode()". It contains members of types long, String and java.sql.Date.

The method I call needs an argument of type SoftwareKomponenteDTO. Other methods which return something of type SoftwareKomponenteDTO do not make any problems.

The same error message appears when I test the WebService-method in the WebService-navigator. So I assume that the problem is not the way I call the method from WebDynpro.

Thanks for help,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I found what my problem was. The complex type that I deliver to my method (i.e. SoftwareKomponenteDTO) must have a public constructor without parameters. I think that this is slightly confusing, because in the other direction (method delivers complex type as return value) this is not neccessary. Anyway, my problem's solved now.

Regards,

Christoph