cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO: Enterprise-Portal -> ASP.Net-App (URLIView) -> SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i want to implement the following scenario: I have an enterprise portal (NW2004s SP10), an asp.net 2.0 application (implemented without the SAP.NET-PDK) and a SAP R/3 system (Solution-Manager 4.0 SP8). Now i want to establish Single-Sign-On between these three systems. The user should be able to access the portal, navigate to the URLIView containing the ASP.Net application and access some functions of the ASP.Net application that display information from the SAP R/3 system by entering his username and password only once.

I already implemented the following parts:

- Single-Sign-On between the Portal and the SAP R/3 (SAP-Transaction-IView)

- Single-Sign-On between the Portal and the ASP.NET-Application (Ticket-Toolkit)

- Connecting the ASP.NET-Application and SAP R/3 (SAP.Net-Connector)

The Portal generates the MYSAPSSO2 ticket that is verified inside my ASP.Net-Application. Now i want to connect to the R/3 system using the SAP.Net-Connector. Is it possible to authenticate users using the MYSAPSSO2 ticket? The Portal is already trusted by the R/3 System.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah ok, i found some information in the SAP.Net-Connector online help. There is a helper class called ConfigDestination (Destination) that provides some functions regarding the MYSAPSSO2 logon ticket. I'll test it...

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

if you want to connect your ASP.NET application using SSO and Web services with the Solution Manager you might read my blog:

/people/andre.fischer/blog/2006/11/05/single-sign-on-of-windows-based-web-service-clients-using-sap-logon-tickets

Best regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. This blog seems very interesting. I'll check it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, i couldn't test the helper class yet because the system upgrade to SP10 that i started right before i created this thread didn't finish...

(After 4 hours of investigation I thought this problem was caused by the LDAP connection of my portal so i reinstalled the whole system and upgraded it directly from SP8 to SP10 without setting up the LDAP connection. But the error occurred again. The portal does not start anymore. When i try to start the system the dispatcher stops with error message -11114.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I have reinstalled the portal and upgraded it to SP9 (SP10 seems to be broken in combination with my system and settings or I overlooked something during the upgrade).

Well, after all I could test the Destination class and it's functions. To implement Single-Sign-On using the SAP.Net-Connector is very easy when you already implemented Single-Sign-On between the Portal and the R/3 system. You just have to pass the value of the MYSAPSSO2 ticket to the R/3 system instead of a username and password.

So, the last step is Single-Sign-On between Windows and the portal using the Integrated Windows Authentication via Kerberos...