cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introscope Agent Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am installing the Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager and one Agent according to the "Introscope Version 7.0 Installation Guide for SAP"

I got stuck with the installation instruction Below .. Can any one help me how to do the below

Agent Name

You should assign a unique name to each SAP J2EE node that is Introscope-enabled. This so-called agent name is assigned by an additional Java VM option (referred to as <agentName> below). SAP suggests the following naming convention for the agent name:

<agentName>=SID_Product_Nodename

Where the placeholder mean the following:

Placeholder Explanation Example

<b>SID</b> SystemID EPP, EPQ, EPD

Product Identifier for product usage EP, XI, IPC

<b>Nodename</b> J2EE node name / directory server0

Note: It is not necessary to integrate the host name into the agent name, since the host name is assigned automatically to the agent.

Using a unique naming convention for all agent installations helps to group agents that belong to the same installation together.

Please help me

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

The instructions on Introscope Installation Guide suggests a naming convention for the agent name to identify this agent in Introscope.

The SID is the system identifier of the host, where you have installed the agent.

The Product depends on the product installed in this server (Enterprise Portal- EP, Process Integration - XI...).

For the Nodename, you have to specify on which node you have installed the agent. As introscope agent has to be installed on each nodes if you have several nodes on your engine.

So if you have a J2EE engine with two servers nodes with Enterprise Portal product, and you install an agent on each nodes, you will have two agents named EPP_EP_server0 and EPP_EP_server1.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Paula

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to set the -Dcom.wily.introscope.agent.agentName=<AgentName> setting replacing <AgentName> with your desired agent name as described further below the part of the document you quoted.

Also, you could now download Introscope 7.1 from Service Marketplace. I recommend you do that and use 7.1 instead of 7.0. SAP also recommends that customers use 7.1 instead of 7.0. One big advantage is that you’ll be able to use Webstart Workstation (as described in the 7.1 documentation) instead of WebView which now runs inside the EM and does not require a separate install. Using the Workstation gives a better user experience than WebView. Note that all functionality will be read-only in the Right-To-View version from SAP. You will not be able to change alert thresholds or create dashboards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My name is David Getzler and I am the Director of Wily's SAP Response Center. The SAP Response Center can help sort out all of your questions related to how Introscope works in the SAP environment. We can also help you understand how to maximize the use of Introscope for diagnosing problems and optimizing applications. Please contact us at wily-sap@ca.com.

Answers (0)