cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB Installation Manager 7.6.00.33 (Graphical Tool) 2nd Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed SAP Netweaver Java (TM) 5 EE Application Server on Windows XP. MaxDB 7.6 is the accompanying database software installed on the same machine

For creating a new database, I invoked "Installation Manager 7.6.0.33" from the Windows Start Menu.

In the 1st screen, I clicked the button "Start installation/upgrade".

The 2nd screen shows "Select MaxDB software package folder".

Here, the Next (and also the Back) button is disabled. I tried selecting different folders for the "Software Package Folder" field, but the button remains disabled

This is preventing me from moving to the next screen. Hence, I'm unable to create a new database

I tried to visit the URLs given in the help documents, but it is taking me to a different version of MaxDB 7.6.0.12 for which the screen shots of Installation Manager are completely different

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried 'dmbcli' and 'inst_enum' . This gave the foll. output:

OK

7.6.0.33 C:\sapdb\JP3\db

7.6.0.33 C:\sapdb\JP2\db

7.6.0.33 C:\sapdb\JP1\db

I tried giving various folder names in the field "Software Package Folder"(2nd screen) but still the Next button remains disabled

Unless I move to the next screen, I can't create any new database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

instead of the installation manager, can you try using DBMgui to install a new instance? Does it work this time? If you don't have DBMgui, you can download it either from the MySQL site or the SAP service marketplace.

I don't know what the problem with the installation manager is. Can you e-mail me a screenshot of the manager? Even when you select one of the folders in the list

7.6.0.33 C:\sapdb\JP3\db

7.6.0.33 C:\sapdb\JP2\db

7.6.0.33 C:\sapdb\JP1\db

, the 'next' button stays grayed-out?

My e-mail address is in my SDN profile.

Thanks,

Ashwath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

has MAXDB software been previously installed on the machine?

Can you find the dbmcli program on this server and type 'dbmcli inst_enum'? What does this return?

Otherwise, it can be asking for the "MaxDB software package folder", which is the folder containing the MAXDB installation programs (SDBINST, etc.). Where have you located this folder?

Thanks,

Ashwath