cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me the sdm password needed to deploy a web dynpro appln

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am new to web dynpro. I have developed the first example appln given in the sap documentation. But there is a problem when i try to deploy and run it.

i am asked the sdm password. I have tried with the default password " sdm " but it doesnt work. The J2ee engine settings are fine i.e. all the three components are green. I am using the remote server with port 3601.

Can anybody please help me with the sdm pwssword. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards.

Saurabh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyendra,

Thanks a lot for ur reply.

I am fairly new to this field of web dynpro.

Could you please tell me what j2ee version is required for local deployment.

According to ur answer, if the j2ee-engine is installed on the Web As even then will there be such a folder " usr " on my c drive. Also tell me that if I am deploying on the remote host will I have to install a J2ee-engine on my machine as well. Also could you tell me wat is SLD and its importance here.

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh.

esameer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Correct me if I am wrong.

1. Well from the posts it seems you are not able to deploy the your application to the local server.

2. It seems when you try to deply your application from NWDS, it is asking for an SDM passwrd right ?

now if these above problems you are facing, you can refer to my blog esameer hxxp://esameer.blogspot.com/ (replace xx tt)

which mentions a step by step procedure with screen shots on how to reset the SDN password if you have lost SDM as well as Administrator password.

Please keep me postedm if you fnd it usefull and need some extra help with NWDS.

Enjoy!!

Samir Kulkarni

call: +919922111479

blog: hxxp://esameer.blogspot.com/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Answer to your questions

- What version of the Web AS are you using? -> Web AS 6.40

- Do you have access to the file system of that machine? -> No

- Do you know who installed the system and can you grab the person? -> No

- Is it a Java standalone or a Java + ABAP system? -> JAVA + ABAP system

I do not find any folder by the name " usr " in the c drive. What is this folder.

Also i know the SID but how do I find out the Instance no.

Regards,

Saurabh

satyendra_dhar
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Installation of J2ee-engine automatically creates a folder with name, "instalationDrive(i.e c:)\usr\sap\instancename\JC00\SDM\program.

under this you can find one batch file RemotGui.bat

Regards,

Satyendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any problems if I reset the SDM password? Is the procedure dangerous?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mark,

Your replies are of great help. Kindly help me a bit further in solving my queries.

1. I do not find any sdm.bat file on my local machine.

2. What do you mean by <SID>

3. what do you mean by <Instance>

4. On the server i find a folder SDM.jar and an sdm.bat file there but no folder

" program ".

Also plz tell me if it is necessary to run it on the remote server only. Can i not do it on my local machine itself. What all settings and pre-requisites do i need to do so.

Thanks & Regards.

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Saurabh,

First of all some questions to your installation:

- What version of the Web AS are you using?

- Do you have access to the file system of that machine?

- Do you know who installed the system and can you grab the person?

- Is it a Java standalone or a Java + ABAP system?

To your questions (and please correct me if I'm wrong here...):

1) follow the path that I posted before. You probably have a standalone installation, so try <b>J2E</b> for SID and <b>JC01</b> for instance.

2) every SAP system is installed with a (in your landscape) unique System Identifier (SID). For a java standalone system the default is J2E.

3) the application server can be set up to have several instances (at least 2) for load balancing / clustering environments.

Check out <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/45/dc863f455f3417e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">this</a> link for an overview of the system landscape

4) if step 1 does not work, search for a folder SDM on the server box, there you have subfolders "program" and "root". The sdm.bat file is within the "program" folder.

Cheers,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mark,

Your Replies have been really helpful. Kindly continue helping a bit further.

Could u tell me that if i want to delpoy n run my web dynpro applications on the local J2EE Engine what are the settings i need to do.

Also please tell me about the version of the J2EE engine required. When i click on the browse button for the local host in the NWDS it says that no local engine found.

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh.

satyendra_dhar
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

For deploying a file locally you must have j2ee-engine installed in your local machine. and while browsing you have to specify the instance name.

Regards,

Satyendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have tried all default passwords that have been mentioned here. But they werent useful.

Can anyone tell me how can i deploy and run these applications on the local machine.

Also hindly mention the pre-requisites for doing so.

Thanks & Regards.

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

u can change the default password of SDM to "sdm" by modifying the hash value in one of the file.

Refer to thread for the same and the hash code for "sdm" is "yPLDEBe3oOb6H2mmjJ0zztOgw/A=".

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Rajeev

0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh Agarwal,

Would you please try SDM as the password.

If it doesn't work, you'd better ask the basis consultant.

Best Regards

Lingxing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

When i tried executing the first command in the command prompt this is the error i encounter.

'sdm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Can you explain this path in further detail. Also i do not find any folder by the name " program " in the folder sdm. and also the sdm folder in my machine is located in the folder " c:/program files ".

Thanks & Regards.

Saurabh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Saurabh,

For executing the commands posted before you have to go to file system of your J2EE host and change to the home path of the SDM application (usually that's <b>C:\usr\sap\<SID>\<Instance>\SDM\program</b>). In that folder you find the sdm.bat file that is used in the commands. So the steps you have to do are

- goto server (or your local machine whatsoever)

- open command prompt

- change to your SDM home path

- execute commands 1 - 3

Cheers,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Saurabh,

In case you cannot retrieve the SDM password anymore you can use these commands to reset it.

<b>Command # 1:</b>

sdm jstartup "mode=standalone" "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program"

<b>Command # 2:</b>

sdm changepassword "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program" "newpassword=abc123"

<b>

Command # 3:</b>

sdm jstartup "mode=integrated" "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program"

Cheers,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

try abcd1234 or admin, if it's the sneak preview. If you have a server in your company you could ask the person who installed the WAS what the sdm password is.

Best regards,

Homer Vargas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try sdm . It should work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do u have admin password?

Then you can utilize the Admin password is the SDM password.

It is based on the installation time your admin create the SDM password you can utilize that one othet wise you can deploy you admin password woould works.

Thanks,

Lohi.

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

The default password is abc123

Thanks & Regards,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In all new versions of Web AS , during installation we can specify the SDM password.

So it would most probably be set to some other value.

Please get in touch with the System Admin.

Regards

Bharathwaj