cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI - Backend communication

shreevathsa_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

XI system is connected to a backend SAP system. The communication is through proxies.

As I understand, service user is used for calls made from XI system to backend.

- Are user accounts maintained in XI system?

- Is there any way to get the Logged in user name in the backend system when call is made assuming that accounts for both systems are same?

Thanks,

Shreevathsa S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The User accounts are maintained in ABAP stack of the XI system. You can view these accounts in tcode su01.

If the logging is enabled in the backend system, then you can get the logged in user name from the log files in server location.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shreevathsa_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

How can the logged in name be retrieved programmatically. We would want to use the ABAP command: AUTHORITY-CHECK FOR USER in the backend system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know exactly how to get that programatically. But usually the logged in users are seen using TCode 'sm04'. Try using the RFC for this Tcode in your program to get the details.

Regards,

P.Venkat

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>- Are user accounts maintained in XI system? As I understand, service user is used for calls made from XI system to backend.

</i>

As you are going to connect Xi to an SAP system , the user would be maintained on the SAP system and used in XI.

if the SAP system is going to connect to XI , then the user would be maintained in XI and used in the SAP system

><i>Is there any way to get the Logged in user name in the backend system when call is made assuming that accounts for both systems are same?</i>

Am not sure of proxies, but with the case of the Idoc's yes, the user details would be available in the control record of the Idoc. It should be available for proxies as well, but am not sure where you can see the same.

Regards

Bhavesh