cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about OTF data for printing/emailing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I have a requirement to email an invoice (SAPScript output) as a pdf, and maybe - based on the comm. strategy - also print it.

I can get the email bit done fine, but at first I was trying to reprint the same OTF data I got from 'CLOSE_FORM' using 'PRINT_OTF'.

But of course, this OTF data was rendered with device 'MAIL', not 'PRINTER' so that would have never worked.

My solution at the moment is to actually recursively call the form 'ENTRY' (I made a copy of RVADIN01 - the invoice print-program) with different parameters.

So the form gets called originally with nast-nacha = 5 (email output type).

If a communication strategy was used that has 'PRT' (Print) as an output step, I set nast-nacha = 1, nast-tcode = ' ' (comm. strategy), and call form 'ENTRY' again.

But this seems like a inelegant solution to me, and I am very worried about side effects from changing the NAST table header. It works at the moment, but I don't know if it will work all the time doing it this way.

What I would like is a way to convert the OTF data rendered with 'MAIL' so I can push it straight out to the printer with 'PRINT_OTF'. Or just advice.

Cheers,

Phil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check these FM

ECP_PDF_DISPLAY                E&C Display Purchase Order in PDF format
ECP_PO_PDF_CREATE              E&C Create PDF from OTF for Purchase Order

Regards

Prabhu