cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falsely resolved names on a VPN connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a newbie in SAP world. I hope this is the right forum to post this message to, if not please guide me.

First off, some background info.

I have downloaded the NW2004s with Java stack and EP and installed everything, even configured SLD user-role mappings which's missing by the default install. As SAP-system we're using a hosted one and connecting to it via a VPN client. The external SAP-server functions both as message server (name: pr3_t01_00) & db-server (pr3), and has the IP 192.168.24.20; this IP is reachable when VPN connection is established. I've defined everything in my "services" & "hosts" files so that I can reach pr3 & pr3_t01_00, i.e. SAPGUI & ping work. I've also defined this external server in SLD so far that I can get the list of installed products on the server. That is, the connection, user name/password, name resolution, SAP-client, etc. are all correct and functioning. I've even developed a small WD4J and deployed it on EP.

So far so good. The next step was creating a JCo-Destination on "WebDynPro Content Administrator". I've configured everything as it's explained in this SAP booklet "Application development for SAP EP 6.0" but I get "Connect to SAP gateway failed" error when I click the "TEST"-link (details below). Somehow my JCo connection tries to connect to 127.0.0.2:3300 and fails. I've called the transaction SMMS and seen that the server resolves its own name as 127.0.0.2, which my client of course cannot reach (since it's localhost).

Is there a way I can tell my WDP Content Admin that it has to use 192.168.24.20:3300 and 127.0.0.2:3300? Oh BTW, netcat (a good networking tool) tells me 192.168.24.20:3300 is open.

Error details from trace file:

Error> occured >Thu Dec 14 18:28:00,312<

RfcException:

Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=pr3_t01_00 GROUP=SPACE R3NAME=T01 MSSERV=sapmsT01 PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR partner '127.0.0.2:3300' not reached

TIME Thu Dec 14 18:28:00 2006

RELEASE 700

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 38

RC -10

MODULE nixxi.cpp

LINE 2764

DETAIL NiPConnect2

SYSTEM CALL connect

ERRNO 10061

ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused

COUNTER 1

Return code: RFC_FAILURE(1)

error group: 102

key: RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION

Sorry for the longish post, I've tried to avoid misunderstandings beforehand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is solved.