cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using XI as a ftp client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to ask that can I use XI 3.0 as a ftp client? I would like to explain the scenerio, below;

We are storing EDI documents on a file server. So, we would like to download those files into a directory located on XI machine, as a first step. Then upload an them into an HP-UX system. Notice that we don't want to change the content of files and its name either, at the destination location. Can we do this? Thank you.

Regards,

Orkun Gedik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not even need IR content for this. Just Integration Directory Configuration can do the trick.

Please refer to this blog,.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. I completed the project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How can I create the file with source filename at destination ? Thank you

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Very simple

1. In sender file adapter , select Adapter Specific Attributes --> FileName

2. In receivr File adapter, select Adapter Specific Attributes --> FileName.

3. In the receiver file adapter for the filename field give some dummy value.

Now, the same file name of the source will be used as the target file name as well.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Even though I applied the same configuration steps in the project, it is not work. I would like to explain the configuration, below;

Two business systems:

TRADENET_Ftp_System (sender)

YBE_Ftp_System (receiver)

Receiver determination:

Sender service: TRADENET_Ftp_System

Interface: DummyInterface

Namespace: http://sap.astron.tradenet

Receiver service: *

Receiver party: *

Configured receivers: YBE_Ftp_System

Configuration overview for Receiver Determination: YBE_Ftp_System

Sender agreement:

Sender communication channel: FtpService (that I created in business system with file adapter)

Receiver Agreement:

Receiver service: YBE_Ftp_System

Receiver communication channel: FtpService (that I created in business system with file adapter)

With those values that I determined above, process does not generate even 1 message on XI. What can cause the problem? Also, I can't see any error message on the system, either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are a few things that you need to take care if your using FTP.

- make sure that FTP server is installed in the host system or the system from which you are picking the file.

- Provide the correct ip address.

- Check the username and password provided for authentication.

- You need to place the file in the root folder that you mention while configuring the FTP server.

- The source folder name will be, ‘/rootfoldername’ (don’t forget the slash and also the folder name should be the root folder name that u have mentioned while configuring the FTP server).

Also check the permissions of the folder where the file is being generated by XI.

I Guess you should first see if the file is being picked... for that do the following.

While configuring your Sender File Adapter, let the mode be DELETE. This way, we will know if the file is being picked by the File adapter. The file will be deleted and you can be sure that it has been picked up.

In your runtime workbench home, there will be a tab, Component Monitoring, click on it. Select status as all, and click on display. The components will be displayed on ur screen. In that, under Integration Server, there will be a link for Adapter Engine. Click on it. Now, scroll down, and u will see a link to adapter monitoring, there under FILE ADAPTER see the log of the file adapter

and also, you can see the flow of your message in the integration engine in SXMB_MONI.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created two business systems in SLD. This is because, source and destination servers are seperated. So shall I define destination server in receiver determination and source system in interface determination? What's lying behind of it? I am very new in XI. I want to understand the issue, as well. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First create two Business service as these are just some servers from where you are picking the file.

Then create

1. sender agreement - here make use of the Business service that you have created but give any interface name and namespce

Do the same for the Receiver determination and receiver agreement.

Make sure that the namespace is the same. Just look at the weblog given above. It should give u the solution

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain that how can I create dummy interface that has been mentioned in /people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The catch is dont create any interface. Just type some name(randomly) in the column.

egards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you should be able to do this using the XI ftp adapter. There are plenty of docs on the SDN that should show you how to send files without changing them via adapters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So would you give a suggestion that how can I achieve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can follow this <a href="/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2 that will drive you step by step.

Anyway, there is tool more cheap than XI for FTP

Regards,

Sandro