cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra Printer setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a basis admin trying to setup a zebra printer. As a basis admin how can i test if the printer is printing correctly.

I have setup the Printer with device type ZLB_ZEB which is a copy of LB_LEB. When every we try to print on this printer the spool output shows that it has been printed successfully but we do no have any output generated. There are no error messages.

Please help me out in setting up this printer.

Thanks in advance,

Fahad Khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used LB_ZEB2 and the Printer is working fine. The issue with us was from the functional team as they were not printing out in the correct format. They used the tool bartender to create the barcodes and then imported in SAP. The Print out with this process was sucessful.

Try using the device types LB_ZEB and LB_ZEB2.

Regards,

Fahad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reponse...just got an update we have tried in multiple printers with the same configurations in different sites. The same problem is occuring but works just find in the Prod.

I am suspecting something could not have been turned on in the Dev and QA & not sure on to the info missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your SAP setup seems o.k as your printouts are going through to UNIX printer withour any issues.

Problem maybe that your UNIX printer is not setup properly. From UNIX side try the following regarding the printer status (depending on your OS).

Make sure that the 4 digit character in SPAD for your printer matches that of the one created in UNIX.

(I'm assuming your UNIX zebra printer has been setup properly)

- lpstat <printer name>

- disable your unix printer and determine if the requests are coming in from SAP.

- One request should be in the queue with your printer disabled.

- enable your printer and see if printer goes through.

- check your printer logs (/var/adm/lp or something similar)

rgds,

Hamish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Saw this discussion about the Zebra Label printer, we are having a similar issue with the Zebra label printers out here. The printer with the same configurations works fine in the Prd system but the output fails to appear when trying to print in DV2 and QA2. The following may help you understand the situation better

a. The device type used is ASCIIPRI in Prd, Dev and QA

b. We are using a custom tcode to obtain these labels. It works fine the prd but does not work in Dev and QA

c. Have compared the configurations with Prd, they all look fine

d. Took the advise to see if the print outs were coming in Unix. Disabled the printer in Unix , they request queued up in Dev, QA and Prd

Could someone please guide me through my next step.....I am kind of lost out here. Thanks in advance

Poornima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks for your reply.

I have used LB_ZEB2 device type earlier and still did not get the output. I have checked the note and when i try to import the device type , i get an error that these device types already exist in my system. Please let me know how can i proceed.

Thanks,

Fahad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not a basis issue but a Unix issue...consult your Unix admin and ask them to use RAW remote printer driver as the driver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad,

I suppose you are talking about LB_ZEB and not LB_LEB. If this doesnot work out try using a copy of device type LB_ZEB2.Also check OSS note 179534 for printing with Zebra printers.

Please award points for useful info.

Regards.

Ruchit.