cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Lately I have realised that sometimes we have stuck SPOOL processes. Sometimes the process occupied for 5000 seconds or more becuase of some

problem with the output device.

I couldn't find any timeout parameter for the SPOOL process.

Is there a paramater or someway to prevent this problem ?

Please advice,

Dimitry Haritonov

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually this happens when the printer is defined as Frontend or Local (the spool has to be sent to the output device, ,and a network bottleneck&problem may "freeze" the spooler), maybe you should avoid theese access methods as possible.

For the local printer you can set the flag "Do Not Query Host Spooler for Output Status", so SAP does not expect a feedback from the printer.

About the spool timeout....I'm afraid, but there are no parameters (for what I know) that drive the spooler timeout.

ciao

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marco,

The printers that stuck has access method C, as far as I know, this access

method is not Frontend or Local.

Will flag "Do Not Query Host Spooler for Output Status" will be relevant in access

method C ?

Please advice,

Dimitry Haritonov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ciao,

I'm confident that it can help, from the docu (to be onest the F1 result from this flag):

"Spool: Select for no query about print requests

The spool work process keeps track of print requests sent to the host spool system to be able to update the status of the requests in the R/3 System. To do this, the host spooler must be queried periodically.

If a host spool system is slow or there are problems querying network or remote printers, the query may take a long time. This may affect printing performance as the spool work process cannot process any other print requests while waiting for a response from the query. In cases like this, you can deactivate querying using this switch."

I hope this may help you.

ciao

Marco