cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to run BAPI Without Proxy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to run BAPI without generate proxy. Is it possible in SAP .NET Connector?

In Function Control we can easily create any function(RFC/BAPI) and run. Is there any way in SAP .NET Connector to execute RFC/BAPI without proxy?

Regards,

Jigar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar,

How are you doing ?

Creation of the proxy is one of the jobs of NCo which it does very well.

it is definitely possible to call a bapi without NCo, effectively you will need to replicate that functionality using .NET Remoting

it is essentially a SOAP request / response mechanism, which you can do for your bapi of choice.

This is a high effort task, which i would not recommend, especially when NCo does it for you.

Can you tell me the reason / restriction(s) behind your decision not to use NCo to generate the proxy ?

Also you cal look at DCOM Connector, SAP Business Connector, XI, and MS SQL Server 2005 DB Connectors for SAP for achieving your requirement.

with respect,

amit

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amit, Hi Jigar,

DCOM Connector and SAP Business Connector are no real alternatives since they are not supported any more.

This leaves us either to XI or if you are using a SAP Web or NetWeaver Application Server to the Web Service Creation Wizard that allows any BAPI that is remote enabled to be published as a Web service.

Best regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thank you for the corrected guidance )

As the BC & DCOM tools are no longer supported, it is a good idea not to go in that direction, as you are basically on your own with these tools.

However, if you have a legacy application which you cannot integrate using NCo / Web Services, and need to find a way to make it work (which i have faced as a requirement too) what methodologies would you recommend for legacy apps ?

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar,

Could you give me an idea what you are trying to achieve?

Generating Proxy and communicating to the corresponding RFC/BAPI through them is the only use of SAP.NET Connector, as far as I know.