Did you mean: 

basic saprfc example running on Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to get a basic saprfc example running on Windows,

using this code:

/people/alvaro.tejadagalindo/blog/2006/08/24/tasting-the-mix-of-ruby-and-sap

Which boils down to calling RFC_READ_TABLE with table: D021T

The connection seems to be OK (see below for sapinfo output).

I get the error: "TABLE_NOT_AVAILABLE GROUP 105 KEY".

Should I try with another table ? Or, maybe some security configuration is needed on the SAP system ?

Regards,

Henrik W.

================================

connect id: 1

is_connected: true

sapinfo: {"RFCIPADDR"=>"10.59.5.16 ", "RFCMACH"=>" 324", "RFCDBHOST"=>"saputvd ", "RFCDATABS"=>"DCD ", "RFCDBSYS"=>"ORACLE ", "RFCINTTYP"=>"BIG", "RFCSI_RESV"=>" ", "RFCHOST2"=>"saputvd ", "RFCHOST"=>"saputvd", "RFCTZONE"=>" 3600", "RFCSAPRL"=>"700 ", "RFCFLOTYP"=>"IE3", "RFCDAYST"=>" ", "RFCOPSYS"=>"AIX ", "RFCSYSID"=>"DCD ", "RFCPROTO"=>"011", "RFCKERNRL"=>"700 ", "RFCDEST"=>"saputvd_DCD_10 ", "RFCCHARTYP"=>"4102"}

Enter table:

C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/saprfc-0.31-mswin32/lib/SAP/Rfc.rb:1013:in `call':

CALL Error: EXCEPT TABLE_NOT_AVAILABLE GROUP 105 KEY TABLE_NOT_AVAILABLE MESSAGE TABLE_NOT_AVAILABLE (RuntimeError)

================================

ruby version: ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i386-mswin32]

saprfc version: saprfc-0.31-mswin32

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henrik:

That's my blog! -:D I tested with a lot of tables, without any problems....I'm not in my home...And I don't have Ruby installed on my job...So sadly, I need to wait till I get home to test the app with that table....But as you state....It might be some security issue.....Or maybe some performance issue....In my job system, the table has 1,026,030 entries.....An testing "RFC_READ_TABLE" on SE37 gives me a short dump when I tried to open the results table.....

Still....Piers is the one to help on this....He created the Sap::Rfc after all -;)

Greetings,

Blag.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Works fine now.

The assignment of $Table, didn't work.

Had to hardcode it like: $Table = "D021T"

Can't explain it. Maybe UNIX linebreaks got my Eclipse confused.

Thanks for sharing this tip !

Regards,

Henrik W.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henrik:

Good to hear that the problem is solved -;) Don't know about Eclipse....I only use <a href="http://freeride.rubyforge.org/">FreeRIDE</a> for my Ruby development -:)

Still...Gonna make some tests -:)

Greetings,

Blag.