cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Open Dialog in the Web Environment (cl_gui_frontend_services?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I would like to know how to solve the following problem.

I should implement an EXIT (in a Custom Class or in a FM) that promts the user with a dialog window to select a file on the application server. The Class or the FM will be used in as BIIP or BPS Function

I tried to use METHOD cl_gui_frontend_services=>file_open_dialog and it works fine when running with the GUI ... but when running the same EXIT in from the Web it DUMPS. I tried:

1 - with <b>BIIP, within a Web Application</b>, the DUMP is:

OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL DIRECTORY_GET_CURRENT" "(METHOD)

2 - with <b>BPS Web Interface</b> the DUMP is:

Access not possible using 'NULL' object reference Function: DP_CONTROL_ASSIGN_TABLE of program SAPLCNDP

Form: FILE_OPEN_DIALOG of program CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES======CP

Please share your knowledge ... I'm not so familiar with Web Dynpro or BSP.

Is a problem related to Web service config or am I using the wrong ABAP Method?

Many thanks in advance.

GFV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use the UI element for file download in WDA.

SAPGUI can not be expected to work where there is no SAPGUI connection.

Try Searching the archives as this topic has come up a few times.

Regards

Phil.

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

so you confirm I cannot use cl_gui_frontend_services, since no SAPGUI connection is active.

Any suggestion about UI elements to be used for WDA.

Thanks in advance

GFV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

the UI element "file download"

cheers

phil.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can either use <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/09/a5884121a41c09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">FileDownload</a> or the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/13/a1764299d76255e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">file export</a> functionality.

Regards, Heidi

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Phil and Heidi,

you say I should use Class CL_WD_FILE_UPLOAD ... but should create a Web Dynpro using this class? It's not so clear to me ... Or should I simply call one method of this Class from another Class or FM (the one used to create BPS Function)?

May be I was unclear, but I would like to open the dialog prompt to get a file name when the user starts a Planning Function from a BI-IP or BPS Web Application.

Thank a lot for your patience ... I'm not so familiar the programming and especially with Web dynpro

GFV

anand_nidamanuru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi GFV,

You dont have to use the CL_WD_FILE_UPLOAD class. It is the class name of the UI element FILE_UPLOAD you create in the layout.

As with any other UI element in webdynpro, create file_upload element in ur layout. Place it where ever u need.

The file open dialog box is provided by default with File_upload. Map the attributes of this element to the context. Esp. File name, Mimetype, File data.

Once a user selects the file, by clicking browse, the data will come to this context.

U can use this data whenever u want.

You dont have to use the Class CL_WD_FILE_UPLOAD at all unless other u want some dynamic programming.

Thanks,

Anand