cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile ID not getting generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing a strange problem every time when i assign an application on to my client a mobile id is generated and when i remove the application from my client and again reistall it. Ideally a new mobile ID shoul generated but this is not happening a mobile ID is not getting generated. Can any one help me in this regard what can be th probable reason for the same..related to authorisation..etc.

Thanks

Regards

Devendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra

Note no. 984207 could be the solution to your problem. If not let me know.

@Karthick: Why do you need to regenerate Sync BOs for a deployment related error ???

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Message was edited by:

Sivakumar V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

<<Again when i am deploying it Data is not coming to the application it might be due to the fact that new mobile ID is not getting generated.>>

This was the post for which i have replied to try to regenerate the syncbos.

From the post it looks like..you have deployed the application to MI client and you are not getting the data (after many syncs)....so initial download is not happening....for this one of the problems might be syncbos have to be regenerated OR check inthe MEREP_MON to see if any entry has gone to Partial state.....and ignore it.

So in this contest i have replied him...

Hope its clear..

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

Note mentioned above by Sivakumar can help if you have fresh MI installation, you MI server is SP18 or below, and number range is not intialised for object MEREP_M4 (tcod SNUM).

But, if you get proper ID when you deploy your Mobile application and lose it after removal of "MOBILEENGINE_xxx" entry from end user's account in Webconsole, then the solution will be to re-install SAP Mobile client.

In the latter case your SAP mobile has pre-configured ID, which MI server doesn't recognise and because of that reject connection. MI server also doesn't re-create new IDs for devices which already have another ID assigned locally.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Laziz

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devndrakumar,

Please check the entries in the table BWAFMAPP and MEMAPPDEST whether all the corresponding function modules for the methods were existed or not.You can check the same by placing the breakpoint in the function module 'ME_MAPPING' through ICF service /sap/bc/MJC/mi_host.As this is the function module which will call dynamically in function module WAF_MW_SYNC_21 .Please check the link to get more information on the mapping of BWAFMAPP and MEMAPPDEST tables

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/4b21a76c5e5f34e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

This is one reason in which the mobile id generation doesn't happen.

Regards,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello deven,

uninstallation of an application will NOT generate a new mobile id for your MI client.

once your MI client is assigned a mobile id on its first initial sync, it will be forever

until you reinstall the MI client or "reinitialize" it. (Please refer to

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/reinitialize-mi-client-without-reinstallation-in-seconds

on reinitializing an MI client).

now regarding your data not being sent to your MI client after reinstall, check if you

have SyncBo filter set on mobile id level.

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

can u tell me how to set the SyncBO filter on mobile id level.Also jo but previouly when i used to uninstall th application from my client and again deploy it using webconsole evry time i used to get a new mobile ID only device id used to remains the same and conversation id also gets changed everytime.can u please tell me the exact solution to the problem.

Thanks

Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi deven,

>how to set the SyncBO filter on mobile id level

for details on SyncBo filter, refer to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9a/3d6427d142314eb87b7b6b5da87a81/frameset.htm

>when i used to uninstall th application from my client and again deploy it using

>webconsole evry time i used to get a new mobile ID only device id used to

>remains the same and conversation id also gets changed everytime.

device id (or mobile id) is 1:1 relation per client. thus you will only have one device

id per MI client installation. the conversation id on the other hand is dependent on

3 factors (device id, user and application). if one of this changes, your conversation

id will also change. is this what you are asking for?

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

Are you deploying using web console? If that is the case, you can check if the deletion of the application was complete in the webconsole?

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I am deploying my application using webconsole and i already checked the application got deleted from the webconsole.Again when i am deploying it Data is not coming to the application it might be due to the facrt that new mobile ID is not getting generated.

Thanks

Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

Let me be more clear...

You have installed a MI client and you have given all settings and synced it to get deviceID..so you have assigned an application...and unassgined it and synced again to take the changes happen....then u reassigned a new application and synced to see that application in ur MI client..but the only problem is ur not able to get the initial data to client after syncing also...

If possible try to regenerate the syncbos and replicate(enabled) again and try once more....Generally you should get a new MobileID........(Some times we need to reinstall the client then it may work)

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

Yes Karthick your understanding is right.Every time i am restarting my client as to generate new mobile id.But could you help me in locating the problem what can be the issue.Since nowi m working on new mi server .

Thanks

Regards

Devendra