cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Dispatcher running. Server not Connected"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We deployed and ran an application successfully on a remote J2EE server on our client side last Friday.

When we tried to log on the server today, we got the error as "Unable to lookup connection Default http://xxx returned empty list of connection parameters". We also got a message as "Dispatcher running. Server not

connected" when we ran the same application.

It is Unix, WAS 6.40 SP 09.

Thank you for any suggestion.

May

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion is to upgrade the J2EE Kernel to the latest from MarketPlace and try. Take backup of current kernel before doing this.

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest restarting the system and tail the logfile std_server0.out in the /usr/sap/SID/DVEB*/work directory. It almost sounds like the security service is not starting. If this doesn't start your engine won't start. If this is the case I would use the configtool to verify the security changes recently made.

Regards,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery Silaev

I have the same question

1)when I check in Jcmon ,and use command 20 ,I get

"Can't open shared memory administration (rc=3)"

2)And I also can not coonect http:
<myhost>:50000\index.html

3) and the last server I install ABAP640 with a J2EE add-on , sometime the visual Administrator works ,sometime it not.BTW I have not installed

license jet.

best Regards

Sheng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem on Windows 2003 Server EP6 WAS640 SR1 SP9

In the JCMON I cannot start Server0 and I get the errors 1,2,3,4 and it tries to start and then goes to status STOPPED

Does anyone know the solution ?

My system was working, the last change I made was to authenticate users against an SAP system and then I did a reboot and now the J2EE won't start.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tomas

I getting the same error. Could you sovle it?

Please let me know.

thanks

Dhandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

AFAIK its the license problem. If the initial temporary license of WebAS ABAP 640 expires, server gives this problem if you try to change your system time backwards. You need to reinstall it.

Anybody has a way around it yet??

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheng Wang,

I have the same problem and questions... Have you fixed your problems? Please post here if anyone have solution.

Thanks,

Yujun Ran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I solved this same problem using configtool to set the follow Max parameters to 512M:

-> server_IDXX (General and bootstrap)

-> Instance_IDXX (Message Server & Bootstrap and Servers General)

and using instance.properties

-> all MaxHeapSize

All others parameters I set according SAP note 709140 and 716604.

I'm using WAS 6.40 ABAP+Java Stack15 on WINNT (4Gb RAM) running XI.

Regards,

Lucas Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW, it occurs also after license expiration: server works for 30 minutes and then shut down automatically.

VS

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The server process of your J2EE Engine isn't running. You may check which processes are running and which not - and start them - with the JCmon program. For information on how to do that, you may want to have a look at the following documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d3/4d074147c1f06fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Vladimir