cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Contract and Repair procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am struggling with a Service mgmt issue.

There is a service contract in which we maintain the terms and conditions of service (bill plan) and also give the rates for service.

Now when i run a repair at plant scenario wherein i bring back the defective matr. for repairs, the service notification is connecting to that contract and takes the contract number.

What is fail to understand is that how do the contract terms and conditions affect the repair process.

The process i am following is as follows:

1)Created a contract for the C/s and material to give service for one year and the customer paid one time for that through billing the Contract type WV.

2) For the repairs, i did the following

Service notification - repair Order - return delivery of defective matr to service center - Service order creation - carrying the repair (added a spare part also) and technically completed the order - Delivery of repaired matr to customer - Resource related billing request creation (DP90) - Billing the repair order - Settlimg the Service order - Settling the Repair order.

In all this process, i do not find any link between the Contract and repair cycle. Ideally since the customer has paid for the service one time, we should only charge for whatever spare parts are used.

Hope I have been able to explain it. looking forward to any help on this issue

Thanks

Arijeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arijeet,

conditions and the price agreements for the service material and materials will be picked from the service contract into the repair order.

regards

Ravi.