cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP+JAVA Add In Licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends I had installed an ABAP system and then applied the license using SLICENSE for the ABAP engine only, after that I installed JAVA add in, I didnt install any license later as I had read that JAVA Add in doesnt require ny separte license only a Standalone JAVA system needs a separate license, but I find that after every 30 days or so my JAVA Engine crashes, Ny Idea people?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

For ABAP+JAVA installation normally only one license key is needed and is called standard license key.

However in you case since add on was done after licensing was done you need to get a new license.

Java Add on can be classified as kind of upgrade and hence new license is needed.

Please check the following links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a7/512c6e407a11d1893b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/licensekey

In the second link check frequently asked questions.

Here it is stated :

Under what circumstances do I have to request a license key for an existing system?

In the case of a hardware change, database change, upgrade or expiration date change.

Please award points for useful info.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ruchit for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

but should the new license I apply be of the standard type or J2EE Engine Type?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After Java Add-In installation, the ABAP licence is sufficient. No need for other licences.

I juste did the same installation last month.

So don't care if you have already installed the standard ABAP licence.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi karan,

You need standard license. This will cover ABAP +JAVA.

Did you go through the pdf License Keys for SAP Systems at the site:

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/licensekey.

Also check OSS note 94998 for this.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the Visual Administration it says no license assigned , has any of you installed an ABAP+JAVA addin system, when did you apply the license, nd do we need a separate license for ABAP and JAVA in the case of addin also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

You dont need a license for your scenario..but i do faced this ERROR In XI 3.0 version..could you please let me know what component and version you are installing.

because for netweaver 04s..you dont need a javal license for ABAP+JAVA engine

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

I am using My SAP ERP 2004 with ECC5.0 installed, and have installed JAVA from Netweaver 2004 I guess and not 2004S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Can you send the log of server<ID> (developer trace ) from SAP MMC console for J2ee server...

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

I forgot to tell you that the platform on which SAP is installed is Solaris so we dont have an MMC here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still we see the log in

D:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS01\j2ee\cluster\server0\log

You will have trace and application log file.

In which you can find why and for what the server crashes

Also get the std_server0 ouput from D:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS01\work

Thanks

Gopal

Message was edited by:

Gopalakrishnan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Java does need a license at must be applied using Visual Adminitrator, The engine crashes after 30 days because that is the amount of time the temp license last, in order to apply new license you need to restart the engine and that will give you 30 min of time before it crash again.

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan I am aware of this procedure but as far as I know this applies to JAVA standalone system only, does it apply to ABAP+JAVA add in as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

You can check the license expiry date in Visual Administrator, what is the date there?

Best Regards,

Sachin.