Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver determination Vs Interface determination

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is the difference between Receiver determination and Interface determination?

In both the case we specify sender -> outbound interface -> Receiver Service -> Interface mapping

Can't we use only interface mapping? Why SAP is providing these two determinations?

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>In both the case we specify sender -> outbound interface -> Receiver Service - Interface mapping</i>

In receiver determination you only mention the Sender Service, Sender Interface and Reciever Service. You do not mention the Inbound Interafce and interface mapping. You do this in the Interface Determination.

The split between Receiver Determination and Interfacedetermiantion is so that you can add send the same message to Multiple Receivers and then fior each of the receivers , if needed you can add multiple Inbound Interafces / mappings!!

And you can add multiple conditions as well!! makes sense to me!

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In receiver determination we never specify interface mapping. We specify interface mapping only in interface determination.

Receiver Determination helps to specify which receivers a message is to be sent to.

Interface determination helps you to specify which interface a message is to be sent to.

A receiver can have more than one interface, that is why you have to do interface determination.

Regards,

sudheer.

Message was edited by:

sudheer