cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AlE IDOC using Seaburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have to give a presentation on how to handle <b>ALE IDOCS using SeaBurger Adpater</b>.

Could you all pls give me some relevant documents on the same, as I have never worked with Seaburger adapter before.

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

Abhy's reply to this thread should surely help!

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Could you pls give me a scenario where there is need to connect R/3 and external system using SEA Burguer adapter?

Would the seaburger adapter be between R/3 and XI or between XI and the external system?

Why seaburger adapter needed?

regards,

Ashish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

><i>Would the seaburger adapter be between R/3 and XI or between XI and the external system?</i>

The SEEBURGER adapter is used to convert XML to EDI format. So, the SeeBurger Adapter will be used between XI and the Partner System.

><i>Could you pls give me a scenario where there is need to connect R/3 and external system using SEA Burguer adapter?</i>

To understand EDI , and its need , this blog will help,

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2006/12/11/edi-basics

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

When dealing with ALE IDOCS and SEEBURGER do i need to do any extra configurations in XI. or would it be same as dealing with normal IDOCS in a scenario like

R/3 > IDOCadapter > XI > IDOC adapter > SRM

Also like JDBC adapter is used for Databases, mail adapter for mail servers, where are SEEBURGER adapters used?? for which systems?

Also will i be able to select SEEBURGER ADapter from the adapters list in ID in XI, like any other adapter?

Regards,

Ashish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

SAP provides adapters for standard purposes. But there can be needs when you need adapters for specific applications.

SeeBurger is one such organization that develops custom adapters that can be plugged into the XI's adapter framework . SeeBurger Provides the EDI adapter to allows XI to Integrate with applications that need data in EDI format.

There is another option and that is to use the Conversion Agent to convert the XML to EDI data format. But, again Conversion Agrent provided by itemfield does not support all EDI formats.

Remember both of these options come with their own licensing overheads and in the end the choice alwys is made by the client on the basis of the deal he is getting with these organizations!

><i>, where are SEEBURGER adapters used?? for which systems?</i>

Like I mentioned in my previous reply,they are used to convert XML into EDI format so that partner systems can process the data.

After you install your SeeBurger EDI adapter into XI 's adapter framework , you should be able to see the same in the list of adapters in the Integration Directory

For conversion agent, this link would help,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/4c38c4cf105f85e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks once again Bhavesh for your detailed reply.

So when if I have a scenario like:

R/3 > IDoc Adapter > XI > SEEBUGGER Adapter > 3rd party System

So all my work at the R/3 end will still remain the same, like creating partner profilesm, RFC destination etc???

And also from where would i get the structure of the message in EDI format which is to be sent to the thrid party? Do i need to import it as External Objects like WSDL? or do i need to create the structure on my own?

Regards,

Ashish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

><i>So all my work at the R/3 end will still remain the same, like creating partner profilesm, RFC destination etc???</i>

Exactly!

><i>And also from where would i get the structure of the message in EDI format which is to be sent to the thrid party? Do i need to import it as External Objects like WSDL? or do i need to create the structure on my own?</i>

This is gray area for me as well. Did a search on SDN and found 2 intersting documents,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/135b0b94-0701-0010-f6a9-86a14057544a --> Good theorotical info!

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6dc02f5d-0601-0010-cd9d-f4ff9a7e8c33 --> Gives an overview of Installing the EDI adapters in the 3rd section and also leads you to the entire Installation guide!!

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

So for a general scenario using SEEBURGER adapter would require IDOC adapter at one and SEEBURGER adapter at the other end right if i am dealing with IDOCS??

Regards,

Ashish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes if you are dealing with Idoc's and you need to send the data to a partner system in an EDI format you are correct!

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (0)