cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Merge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I’m trying to merge two planning versions in SCM_SNP using transaction /SAPAPO/VERMER.

The on-line help says that I have to stop CIF queues. I do this calling /SAPAPO/CIFSTOPQUEUES and /SAPAPO/CIFSTARTQUEUES. When I run the version merge, the system displays the error message “Function not possible because of transfer to OLT systems”.

In order to fix the error mentioned above, I go to transaction APO> Supply Chain Planning> Supply Network Planning> Basic Settings> Configure Transfer to OLTP systems and change the SNP and Deployment values from immediate transfer to no transfer and the I run the version merge and it works fine.

Are there any way to do this trhu a job without changing customizing?

I´ll appreciate any answer.

-Italo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You can stop inbound CIF queue from version merge program itself from the check box

SCM 4.1 onward SAP has given check box to stop CIF queue from version merge program

Thanks

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

It still doesn't work... I have checked the box "STOP CIF" and it still gives the error message in v7.0

I had to run off Transfer to OLTP for both SNP and Deployment via SDP110 for the merge to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have merged planning versions without editing customizing. However you should be sure that you've stopped all queues. Just to be sure, I stop all - inbound and outbound in APO and inbound and outbound in R/3 (but I thing both in APO should be enough)

To stop the queues in APO I use programs RSTRFCI1 and RSTRFCQ1. Be sure to stop all queues by the selection on the next screen. (If you want to stop also queues in R/3 use /SAPAPO/CIF_QIN_STOPQUEUES in APO or the above programs in R/3). Check the status in transactions SMQ1 and SMQ2 (there should be "Stop" events) or with RSTRFCI2 and RSTRFCQ2.

To start back use RSTRFCI3 and RSTRFCQ3.

Hope that will help. It works for me.

Best regards,

Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail

I found your answer very helpful, thanks, but I have followed the steps you marked and the error is still showing. I created an OSS message, maybe its a program error.

-Italo