cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alert issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

i have configured alrtcatdef, now I am able to send mails to external id, i have tested it with report RSALERTTEST, it is sending mails, now the question is testing it with xml file, now i want to post the wrong XML file, but .Net is now allowing me to make any changes in XML file, i have also gave wrong RFC destination, still XML message is showing message successful, how to check this alerts, any idea.

regards,

gayatri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

i have posted wrong xml file, but alert is not triggering, when i test with report rsaalerttest I'm able to see the alert in my box and outlook. i have created webflow alerts with no restriction.

regards,

Gayatri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are able to see alert in your alert inbox it means the alert is getti trigerred..

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are on Sp 11 , this blog will help, Also Sp 11 will not trigger adapter engine alerts.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gayatri,

Only from SP14 you can have alerts for adapter errors. If you are below SP14 you can have alerts only when an error occurs in pipeline steps( the errors you can see in SXI_MONITOR).

Just try with a wrong input XML and create a mapping error, you should see the alert mail in your inbox.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quite simple. MAke some scenario go into error in XI.

Give incorrect data , incorect XMl and it will error in mapping and then an Alert should have been triggered.

Regards,

Bhavesh