Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging deleted Archivelink entries with OAAD TOA01 Link Tables

john_walls
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a problem here with users complaining about missing documents from the IXOS Archive Server. One thought here is that a group of users with delete access in (S_WFAR_OBJ activity 06) maybe doing this accidentally. We have limited the access to delete now to only a few users. However, we were wondering if there was any existing logs files in SAP that would track such a delete request so that we can identify the users and the documents that need to be rescanned. (Documents are still accessible from within IXOS since they are stored on optical media).

We have been back and forth in SAP and not find this information anywhere, any ideas?

Thanks

John Walls

484-888-2199

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Are you sure that those entries WERE actually created in TOA01 (e.g. can end users confirm that they were able to find required entries in SAP, say, via OAM1, before they disappeared) ?!!

I would recommend to check:

1) ...\var\log directory on your scanner side to see if there were any issues reported by R3Insert (or similar task you use in your doc.pipeline to transfer data to SAP);

2) Document Pipeline Viewer to check if there are any stuck documents;

3) If you have several scanning profiles with archive modes assigned to different SAP servers, check TOA01 tables of all of those servers (I'll share further info of why this may happen, if you'll find your missing entries there !)

It's highly unlikely that end users delete iXOS reference entries from SAP by accident. We had the similar problems in the past and in most of the cases you would fix the issue on the scanner side.

Best regards,

Laziz

john_walls
Explorer
0 Kudos

Laziz,

Thanks, for the information, However as an former IXOS consultant, I don't believe the problem is on the scan client side. I believe that there are some training issues which can lead to miss indexing. But I know that there are documents that are scanned, viewed and several weeks later are deleted by a user. So I know that there is a entry in the TOA01 table, and it's being deleted through T-code OAAD.

<b>What I need to know is there any way to track who is deleting the entries in TOA01?</b> SAP tracks everything, but in my last 8 years working with ArchiveLink, I have never been able to find this information. I have always just assumed it was not there, but Now I really need to get this information because taking the deleting auth away from the 38 users that have it now is not an option.

Related to this I was looking in another system, an ECC 5.0 system (we are on 4.7) and saw that there was a TOALOG and a TOALOGP table? I'm not sure what these entries do, because they were empty, but they do look promising,

I hope they just need to be activated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

If you have DocuLink 6.0 or above installed on your R/3 4.7, you should be able to run tcode J6NA (iXOS DocuLink Administration) on your SAP server.

It has special report: "Maintenance of deleted records", which can help not only to restore the data, but also find out who actully did it.

Please, check whether it helps.

Best regards,

Laziz

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know this is years down the line....but if you are still interested SAP does have logging for the exact requirement you were looking for.

Kind regards,

Neil

wayne_villon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

I'm interested in having logging for deletion of Archivelink documents  in SAP.

Regards,

Wayne

ThomasDemmler
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

It's the SAP ArchiveLink module, which creates the entries in the link tables, e.g. in TOA01.

Regarding IXOS / Open Text we have to distinguish the Open Text modules used.

You always need an archive server (aka HTTP content server) for storing the SAP documents. The archive server stores the documents, but it doesn't change the ArchiveLink link tables; actually it does not have a look at them at all. Therefore, if an entry is missing in the ArchiveLink tables then it's not an issue of the archive server.

If you are using IXOS/Open Text DocuLink then you have a document management application on top of SAP NetWeaver that actually leverages the SAP ArchiveLink technology as well as SAP DMS technology. But again, teh SAP ArchiveLink technology provided SAP creates the entries in the link tables.Thus, DocuLink behaves as any other SAP application.

Best Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think we have a similar case. We have the ARC_DOC_ID of some documents, but we don't find them in IXOS.

I made some tests:

So, we have SAP - IXOS connection, and I turned of IXOS and created an output for an invoice.

Then, checking TOA01, both OBJECT_ID and ARC_DOC_ID, for that document, where filled.

After turning on IXOS, the PDF document was available and no changes in TOA01.

So, I think that it's SAP that generates the ARC_DOC_ID.

So, If we have the ARC_DOC_ID but no documents in IXOS, I think that something went wrong on IXOS side (assuming that it's IXOS job to check TOA01 and create the link...).

What do you think?

Thanks.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

We have a requirement similar to yours. In addition to the requirement of logging who deleted which records, we also need to find out who uploaded documents.

I understand that Doculink offers a provision to view the log of deleted entries, but none for the creation of entries.

I was just playing around with the system and came across transaction OAG1 (Archivelink Administration) where you can activate archivelink logging (which i presume would help in tracking changes to the TOA tables).

Do you have any clue about how to view these logs? or any other way to log changes?

Thanks and Regards

Joy Kaushish