cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipeline Timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a problem with timeouts. Our BPM receives a synchronous message with multiple items like:

<item>item1</item>

<item>item2</item>

<item>itemN</item>

N is about 1000.

Now the BPM has to create one idoc for each item. This takes about 7 Minutes. The idocs are created successfully but afterwards the synchronous response has the following error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">PL_TIMEOUT</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Pipeline timeout condition satisfied</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>N</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

It's probably just a timeout parameter which has to be increased but we have no idea which one. We have already put several parameters to 10 minutes but it had no effect. Any idea which parameter(s) need to be set?

Thx for help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oliver,

How are you creating the 1000 Idocs? Are you creating 1000 Separate messages and then seding them out in a block?

If yes, this can be avoided and you can improve performance drastically using the concept of Idoc Packaging.

Refer to this blog and SAP note : 814393 for more

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I changed our BPM and now the creation takes only about 5 seconds. Very good. Thank you.

But I guess unfortunately we need the parameter anyway because another bpm has the same problem:

An asynchronous RFC is sent to our R/3. There, an stock list idoc is created. Unfortunately this takes several minutes as well and we get a "PL_Timeout" before the bpm receives the idoc. I don't see any chance to modify our bpm to speed up the stock list creation. I suppose, the only chance we have is to increase the timeout parameter.

Regards.

Oliver.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>I changed our BPM and now the creation takes only about 5 seconds. Very good. Thank you</i>

Welcome. Nice to know that a simple trick can make so much of a difference!

<i>don't see any chance to modify our bpm to speed up the stock list creation. I suppose, the only chance we have is to increase the timeout parameter.</i>

Changing time outs, this blog should / might help,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/08/xi-timeouts-timeouts-timeouts

Regards,

Bhavesh

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, we probably found the parameter. I guess it was one of those in the blog.

Thanks a lot.

Greetz.

Oliver.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try changing the SMICM parametets using GOTO parameters..that might probably help you.