cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on UM API access from Web Dynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm looking for some quick opinions on UM access from Web Dynpro from the group as I continue to research this. We're wanting to write a quick Role/Group security browser to be able to <b><u>quickly</u></b> identify what groups are assigned to portal roles. We'd want to use Web Dynpro and use a tree structure and also provide export to excel functionality. This would be the basic functionality to record our security setup for disaster recovery. Given the security and PCD api's available it looks like the sky's the limit on what you could provide here beyond what I've described.

My question, is just to confirm my thinking on what API's to use. It seems that in Web Dynpro there is the <b>com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.um.api</b> package which appears to be limited to user stuff. On the other hand <b>com.sap.security.api.UMFactory</b> seems to have everything you could need to do what I propose and then some. Just wanting to see if my take on these API's is correct or if I'm missing something in a WebDynpro service I haven't seen.

Assuming com.sap.security.api.UMFactory is the ticket, then it's just a matter of deciding to do it quickly and use them right into the controller, or build the Cadillac by providing a EJB>Service>Model for the most useful UMRead functions.

Exposing services to write the UM kind of scares me.

Your opinions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug @ Air Products

<u></u>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug;

I am also working in Roles and Groups, personally I find com.sap.security.api.UMFactory very powerfull, and I think it could help you a lot.

It also includes methods to identify roles-groups-users.

Hope it helps,

Ivan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think UM APIs will support all the functionality you have mentioned. apart from UMFactory there are others like IUser, IRole IGroup etc. you might wanna take a look at them too.

Thanks

Firasath