cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto embedd external Jar in EAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have developed an XI Adapter Module using NWDI.

Now I have to add some external Jars which contain Classes called by my Bean.

Is there a way to add this Jar to the Archive so that it is embedded in the EAR-File?

Where do I have to place it and do I have to reference it in the deployment descriptor?

Kindest Regards J. Hopmann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

I'm also going to develop a XI Adapter Module with NWDI. I have some questions on this topic. Could you give some help?

1. After DCs are activated in CBS, the EAR which includes an EJB is deployed to the DEV runtime system. How can know whether it is successfully deployed to the DEV system? Do you know in which path the EAR is deployed in the J2EE server?

2.When adding your own developed module to the XI communication channel, what kind of module name shoud I use? Is it localejbs/+module_jndi_name +?

3. Do you know where I can find documentations related to this topic (develop xi adapter module with nwdi)?

Thanks!

Regards,

Hui

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>1. After DCs are activated in CBS, the EAR which includes an EJB is deployed to the DEV runtime system. How can know whether it is successfully deployed to the DEV system? Do you know in which path the EAR is deployed in the J2EE server?</i>

You can log into to Visual Administrator and check in deploy service under the ejb container to see if the ejb is deployed. However just checking the logs in CMS should be sufficient. If in CMS the message says deployed successfully then you can believe it

<i>2.When adding your own developed module to the XI communication channel, what kind of module name shoud I use? Is it localejbs/module_jndi_name ?</i>

Yes

<i>3. Do you know where I can find documentations related to this topic (develop xi adapter module with nwdi)?</i>

There is no documentation which shows how you can develop adapter module usind NWDI. However you are just developing an EJB so nothing different is involved.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

Thanks for the reply! But I still have some questions.

1. How to check the logs in CMS? I didn't find it.

2. I only have one runtime system defined in my track, that is a DEV system. I have configure the SDM host, port and password for the DEV system (But I didn't fill up the J2EE Engine URL, user, and password). According to the SAP documentation, after activities are check in and activiated in CBS, the components should be automatically deployed to the DEV system. But it dosen't happen to my components. I still can not find it in Visual Administrator.

Could you give some information on how to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks!

Regards

Hui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

I'm also going to develop a XI Adapter Module with

NWDI. I have some questions on this topic. Could you

give some help?

3. Do you know where I can find documentations

related to this topic (develop xi adapter module with

nwdi)?

There is a good printed guide

-

-

Praxisleitfaden SAP XI – Programmierung

SAP-Heft 28

Marcus Banner, Halil-Cem Gürsoy, Heinzpeter Klein

SAP-Hefte

112 S., 2007, brosch.

48,00 Euro, ISBN 978-3-89842-971-9

-

-

I would assume an english version is also available.

Regards Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorg,

You will have to create an external library DC and add jars to it. Please keep in mind that external library DC does not have a deployable part. Hence you will have to wrap this external library DC in a J2EE Library DC.

Refer to J2EE Library DC in your application.

There is guide by Marty which shows how to create external library DC. You will have to search for that in his Business card.

Thanks and Regards

Sidharth Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternatively you can wrap the external library DC in your EAR DC. This is not recommended though, since this will result in duplication of the jars if you're gonna use it in other EARs as well.

So, follow Sidharth advice, this was just an FYI.