cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using connector 2.0 means using designer and writing static code. What we need is a more generic access to remote functions. Is there a way to do this? Or is it planned by SAP to support this way?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

the answer is: YES (i just wanted to keep my style )

It is also a COM+/Enterprise Service, the connection service can be placed anywhere in your network.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Markus,

thanks for your answer and ok, keep your style.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there,

after talking with people of the company releasing the software it is sure, that this application does not have the functionality of the com4abap, which was my question.

This should be only a little advice for people searching for this topic.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI OLIVER,

I see that you have a lof of knowlegde about DCOM, COM, .NEt..etc..I need your help.

I have to use com4abap or net4abap. Can you show me where i find step by step for implemantation?

Thank's

Alex

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP .NET Connector is inteded to create specific client specific applications. It's not intended to implement kinds of infrastructures that would require <i>dynamic invoke</i>. Typically those kinds of requirements can be best solved with SAP NetWeaver XI, xApps-frameworks or JCo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see. SAP would like to have that customers use SAP products.

But what if customers have used COM based Components in the past and have to port such applications to the .NET platform?

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DCOM Component Connector was proxy-based, exactly as SAP .NET Connector.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, otherwise as ActiveX Components in wdtfuncs.ocx. We use this library and are looking for an alternative for our .net migration. (hope not, we have to use com under .net)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you mean ist a successor for the com4abap. Something like this must be made by your own.

My Diploma Thesis was about this subject. I wrote something like the com4abap with the SAP .NET Connector. So, by using the functionality of the SAP Product you can create your own solution.

But one big problem is, that you can't transfer function arguments dynamically. My Solution was to do it with a table.

Perhaps you can also write your own solution which works with .NET.

Regards

O. Rill

Former Member
0 Kudos

There will be ways of doing this, however it involves a lot of ABAP development. As per SAP's direction, BAPI's are used for Customer developments on external platforms...not so much for infrastructure development. There are people doing it and building Adapters over .Net connector and so forth, just that they use a lot of Z (customer created) BAPI's to interface. So it really depends on how BADly you want to interface to SAP...

muahahhahaha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very funny...

Former Member
0 Kudos

iNet.Integrator for SAP (http://www.inet-integrator.com) allows generic rfc calls and even has VS.NET 2003/2005 testsuite for RFC calls.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there,

does this tool uses the way from SAP to .NET or from .NET to SAP???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Oliver,

this solution uses .NET to SAP and back Bi-directional realtime connectivity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Markus,

this sounds interesting. But is it possible with this Software to call any Method from a .NET Assembly from sap with call function 'xxx' destination 'xxx'. This was possible with com4abap. If this is possible, this would be very nice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

short and precise

The first sensitive post in this thread !

Thanks for the information !

KR,

Markus