cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String display is truncated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing a strange problem while displaying field of a structure( type string). Requirement is that this string should not be restricted of any size.

Now, my smartform as well as the portal side, both call the same function to retrieve this value. But all is displayed well at frontend but on smartform side only 255 characters are displayed. I checked the string length of this field and it showed 1,450 characters but really I am surprised that where those characters are lost then.

If anyone has any solution for this problem then please post your answers.

Regards,

Shikha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thing is in SAP we can display only 255 characters in a single line...if it is more either it will be truncated or else it will be written in next line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I read this field as follows :

lv_string = ls_paf_read-quant_use+1256(70) .

write : / lv_string .

Then lv_string has some values that means that we have characters inside but then why are they not being displayed? Do we have any solution of that?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I am confirmed that we have to build our own logic to display any string that exceeds 255 characters. Nothing in standards was there to resolve this issue.

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Smartforms shows only first 255 chars of a string. to print entire string you have two options.

- Add the sting variable as &v_str0(255)&&v_str255(510)&&v_str+765(255)&... to the text node

- Convert the string to itab in program lines node and print the itab.

Regards

Sridhar