Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Data Flow is very very Slow

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a POS system (Point of SALES), XI and SAP R3. There are both Inbound and outbound Interfaces from the SAP. The medium of communication is IDOC's. As all IDOC's for the Necessary Business were not available so Custom Z IDOCS were also developed.

The data is collated at the end of the Day and sent over Mapped to IDOCS. This is taking a Lot of time, of the order of 7-10 Days. Also the Database size is Increasing at the rate of 27 GB's every month.

For the Outbound from SAP, when an IDOC is sent over from the SAP R3 end, it is taking 12 hrs for the XML File to get written.

So all XI Gurus please Reply how can I sort this Problem, anyway by which I can delete all the XML files that are already read. Anything that can be Done for the Outbound Interface from the SAP to XI.

Waiting for all ur replies. Thanking in anticipation. Points will be awarded for useful answers.

Best Regards

Chakra and Somnath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>. Also the Database size is Increasing at the rate of 27 GB's every month.</i>

You need to archive your messages. Please take a look at this article,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a23...

Regarding the poor perfromance, can you give us more details? Like how are you collecting the idoc? Are you using a BPM? what is the data load, data size etc

Also check the service marlet place for the quick sizer and make sure your XI server 's HW config is appropriate,

http://service.sap.com/quicksizer

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201-0010-1f8b-c935e444...

Regards,

Bhavesh

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the reply. But the Basic problem is my data is 3 months Old and as it is a big retail chain so, there are a lot of Data like the Invoices that are coming into the SAP R3 end. therefore Archiving is Possible only maybe after a year's time.

The Data volume is 15000 Invoices per day, where each Invoice has 10-12 Line Items minimum.

We are on WAS 6.4 and this is XI 3.0 and part of the Netweaver 2004 suite.

the Configurations in the Tocode "SXMB_ADM" for the Scheduling of the interfaces are also done.

When we send and IDOC and want a XML file to be written, it shows some error in the RWB. The Error is System Error and it says IDOC_ADAPTER.

What could be the Possible remedies for this.

Expecting an answer. Thanking in anticipation. Points will be awarded

Best Regards

Chakra and Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

deleted.

Message was edited by:

Smitha Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that the idoc metadata has been populated in idx2 transaction.

We could help you better if you could post the error details as seen in sxi_monitor.

Is there a BPM involved in your scenario?

Regards,

Smitha.

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SXI_MONITOR there are all chequered flags. The metadata is getting Pouplated in the tcode IDX2.

The RAM of the system is 6GB. Huge volume of Data is coming into the SAP and also there is a number of IDOC's that are going out of SAP for changes in the Prices.

All the Interfaces are done under one Software Component and there are different Namespaces to it. Should this be a Problem. Around 9 Custom IDOCs are also developed for this purpose as Standard IDOCs are not found for the Business Requirements.

Will RFC's would have been a better Solution for this Purpose. POS is having a lot of data and the scheduling is done at the end of the day for the same for the data to come into the SAP PRD Server and also time and again there is a Outbound Posting of the IDOC that takes place when there are Prices changes for the same.

Please do reply for this. Waiting for an Answer. Thanking in anticipation

Best Regards

Chakra and Somnath

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the QuickSizer link in my previous reply?

It should be sueful to quicksize your XI hardware to check if it matches your data loads!!

Meanwhile, Using idoc's os better than RFC's as synch processing can cauase further issues.

As the data load is so high, consider using proxies ifyour SAP was >= 6.20 . SAP stronlgy recommends using proxies when enormous data is to pass via XI.

Also, take a look at the tuning guide and make the settings suggested in it. Ensure that trace level is minimum etc as shown in the guide.

Regards,

Bhavesh

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot for all the Replies. What about using Asynchronous RFC's. Since for each IDOC's that do come into the SAP there is a huge Queue that is formed for the same.

Me and my Basis team are looking into the Sizing Guide.

Will keep u updated. Any functional configuration that needs to be taken care of for this reason.

Thanks in anticipation.

Best Regards

Chakra and Somnath

Answers (0)