cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of Data Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to import Data Groups into my repository, but it seems it is only possible add data Groups manually using Object > Edit Data Groups. Do anyone have a solution for importing Data Groups? The data group table s not "visible" in the console as a "table". I use SP3. Are there any changes to this in SP4.

Regards John-Kjell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Data group is not existing as a table in Console. You have to create an object table first (for eg. image or pdf ) in any repository as a feild, and then try to use the Edit Data Groups option on that field in Data Manager. If problem persist then try to create a data group through the object table in the specified repository in Data Manager, and then use edit option.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the object tables and I can edit the Data Groups. My problem is that I am going to have around 1000 data groups, these I would prefer to Import instead of adding them manually. I have not found a way to import these.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could try using the MDM Java API to do this.

HTH

Suman

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

John,

You can use MDM Java API to search/ add Data Groups in MDM.

Data groups are stored in 'Data_Groups' table. It's a hidden table. It has only one column/field 'Name'.

To search for a Data groups use GetRecordsByValue method on Catalog object.

To add Data Group use code like this:

flds.Add(new A2iField("Name", new Value("New Data Group")));

int recordID = cd.AddRecord("Data_Groups", flds, 0, 0);

I hope this is helpful.

Abhay

Answers (0)