Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForm Function Module

former_member193831
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to call the Function Module generated for SmartForm remotely.

i.e. is it possible to make that FM as "Remote Enabled"

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot make the smart form function remote enabled as its generated code and you cannot edit the same. More over, the name of the function is generated dynamically, you don't even know what is the function name.

Write a wrapper function, in which you will call the smart form. This wrapper function can be remote enabled and can be called from a external system.

Regards,

Ravi

Note - Please mark all the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This approach looks bit logical.

But what is wrapper function you are referring here?is it the one like CALL FUNCTION <name>, i mean are you talking about to do something in the call that we do soon after the generation of the function module. Because after generation of the function module for the smartform we do get it using CALL FUNCTION..right? and that cannot be made remote enabled.

can you pls take me through it?

Albert.

former_member193831
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Wrapper function is like a function that will just call the SmartForm funtion module.

Then I can make this wrapper function as 'Remote enable' as it is a Z FM.

Rgds

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek / Albert,

A wrapper is nothing but dummy function, remote enabled, which will internally call the smart form function. As we cannot remote enable the smart form function itself, we remote enable the function.

Vivek,

Please mark the helpful answers and close the thread if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , you can make it reamote enabled , for this you need access key from basis persons , just execute that smartform from smartfrom transction itself,

it will take you to se37 with fucnation module number there click on change button it asks for access key , provide it and make it remote enabled.

Regards,

Guru

*reward if helpful