cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...

Had a doubt regarding the architecture...

Is there any difference between Webdynpro For ABAP [WDA] and Webdynpro For Java Architecture [WDJ]???

I'm really confused...

I haven't seen any models in the case of WDA.

Could anyone please help me out in understanding it???

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Simy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simy,

WebDynPro-ABAP is still not as mature as WebDynPro-Java. In WebDynpro-ABAP, As mentioned by Heidi, Models are not extensively used in WDA as in WD-Java.

In WDA you have the advantage of the integration into the complete development infrastructure, with transport system etc.

Regards,

Phani

former_member183804
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pani,

I cannot agree with you. The existance of data models is no issue of maternity. In ABAP the central data administration is done by internal tables in Java by internal table. The ABAP approach tends to be faster in Java you are more flexible. It´s simply a different programming model basically derived from the environment.

Best Regards

Klaus

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

WDA does not restrict you to use an extensive model layer. Actually, there are applications out there that are comprised of nearly 70 components. Of course, these components need some way to syncronise their data. WDA offers you the possibility to attach whatever model you like. You can use an ABAP OO class, a faceless WDA component, call function modules or even mix all of that.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simy,

Please find below info about WDA model

Web Dynpro is the SAP NetWeaver programming model for user interfaces (UIs).

The Web Dynpro model is based on the Model View Controller paradigm, and has the

following features that build on the classic dynpro model:

● Clear separation of business logic and display logic

● Uniform metamodel for all types of user interfaces

● Execution on a number of client platforms.

● Extensive platform independence of interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for Web Dynpro architecture, see the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a5/1a1e3e7181b60ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm">documenta</a>.

In WDA, models are not really in the focus of programming, to quote from the documentation: ... it may be useful to create own components only as suppliers of the data required in other components. Such components are called model components; they only make sense whenever several components must access the same set of application data. Model components are components without graphical elements but with the full controller functionality.

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii...

I'm still really confused with the concept of model in WDA...

Has it got any link with the application class????

Whats the need of an application classs getting created automatically or by us....

????

Thank u so much for ur quick response..

will reward points to all after getting my problem solved completly..

Rgds

simy.

former_member183804
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Simy,

no there is model for WDA like in WDJ. For now the context is driven by internal tables. This approach is in harmony with the general architecture of applications in ABAP. In the ABAP application server world there is no Common Model Interface like in Java but the concept of internal tables.

Regards

Klaus