cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Java Gui in Solaris 10 x86.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Who run the Java Gui in Solaris 10 x86?

After I installed Java Gui in Solaris 10 x86 and run guilogon, when I connect the server I created, I got the error message:

Attempt to load shared library /opt/SAPClients/SAPGui7.00/binlibJPlatin.so failed.

The library file exists, so either the program

don't has the privileges to access the library

or the library is not loadable by the shared object loader

Technical information:

Error location: GuiJniLoader.loadPlatinLibrary()

Error message: /opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00/bin/libJPlation.so:ld.so.1:java:fatal:/opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00/bin/libJPlatin.so:wrong ELF data format:ELFDATA2MSB

After I confirm the dialog, another error message appears:

JniAgiLibAdaptor.<init>: Cannot load JNI library.

I checked the supported OS, it doesn't contains Solaris 10 X86, but I think Solaris 10 was open source, just like linux, why doesn't SAP Java Gui support Solaris 10 X86? And now , how can I solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What you see is what happens when the Java runtime running on Solaris 10 x86 tries to load a library which is compiled for SPARC.

Because of the native parts in SAP GUI for Java, compilations and installers are required for each OS - HW combination.

The supported platforms can be seen in SAP note 954572. For Solaris only SPARC is currently supported.

Because of the effort needed for compiling, testing, support etc. it is required to focus on OS - HW combinations widely used on desktop machines and Solaris 10 on x86 currently does not seem to be one of those.