cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT execution from the test workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am setting up test plan and packages to organize the execution of the different test script in eCATT.

I am trying to use external text file for the data being used in the test. I am a bit confused by all the different places where we can set the "external variant". it can be done in teh data container, in the configuration and in execution. What prevail over the other?

I have tried many setting, it work if i execute the configuration script from SECATT but it does not work from STWB_WORK, any help in the best way to configure this?

i also got this error message:

Variants that Match Selection ECATTDEFAULT Cannot Be Found

Any idea?

Thanks a lot

Gilles

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The suggestion given by Harsha and Jens is working fine. But still the issue persists in STWB_Work. Is anyone having any answer for that please?

Best regards,

Michael Jude

former_member585451
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Gilles,

Create a test data container, with external variant and you should be able to use that in the configuration directly. Just add the Test data into the Configuration and pass values to the text file at the execution.

You dont have to explicitly mention the external variants in Configurations, if you have already done so in test data.

In order to use that external file for your execution from the workbench, in the TA: STWB_1, open your plan in change mode, select the test case, press button "Change nodes", then

select the option "Test case",

Type - E eCATT test configuration

Key - <Name of your test config>

Variant - All variants including Default variant.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Harsha

PS: Reward points accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

beside the tips from Harsha I would select in the test workbench:

Variant - All variants excluding Default .

If you specify to have external variants loaded in either testconfig or testdata (by specify I do not mean only upload variants once in editor but realy select external var. as a variant selection) and these configs are not executed by testworkbench start with the abouve variant option, this would be an error worth to open a ticket to SAP.

Regarding the different places:

- You can upload testdata from external file for a test import or migration of data by using corresponding menu function in testdata editor and in test config editor

- You can mark a testconfig for reading external data at start of itself: this is for the testconfig users without testdata containers

- You can also mark a testdata container to read external vars at its first usage during a test start, this is for the testdata contaier & testconfig users

So it up to your test organiziation what you like to use.

If one of them has been setup once and the resulting ecatt objects are transported to other systems, you can hardly change these settings as you may not be permitted to change non original objects. For those cases if you anyway want to change the external testdata references, you can use the options at startscreen.

Best regards

Jens