cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatcher service is yellow and unable to start visual admin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

Here is my new problem.

Everything was going fine untill I finished the post installation activites on PI7.0. I am not sure if I missed any step or not.

After the changes I stopped the instance and restarted it and the "Disp+word.exe" is yellow with the message <b>"Running, Message Server connection ok, Dialog Queue time: J2EE:Some Processes running".</b>

I can't connect to Visual admin. Getting an error when hit connect "<b>unable to loockup connection default, http:
sapinst001:8010/msgserver/text/logon returned empty list of conneciton parameters"</b>

Check the log files and here are some info from them:

Dev_Server0:

Thr 1644] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.box.number=PI7DVEBMGS00sapinst001] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 1644] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.en.host=sapinst001] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 1644] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.en.port=3201] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 1644] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.system.id=0] [jstartxx.c 841]

Can you please help me with this? I need to finish this install by Monday.

Regards,

N.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's important to understand if the dispatcher is not running or just the server is not running: try to look to the log files

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<nr>/work/dispatcher

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<nr>/work/server0

and

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<nr>/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/defaultTrace.trc

You should find the error that prevent the java application to start.

The more common reason are the inability to detect the path of JRE or some parameter wrong in the configtool

Regards

Sandro