cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error applying SPS9 on J2EE Engine 7.0

0 Kudos

Hello,

we are trying to apply SP9 on the Java Stack of Netweaver 2004s, but now we can not start the J2EE engine, that returns the following error:

<b>[SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_62] Fatal: User Management Engine (com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence) failed to connect to the ABAP backend system. Check that connection data are correct and the backend system is available. Error message: "Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)". Connection data (obtained from properties of UME service in section "ume.r3.connection.master.": "{

passwd=********

lang=EN

receiverid=master

sysnr=03

client=200

poolmaxsize=10

user=SAPJSF

receiverid_guest=master

ashost=crmds

poolmaxwait=10000

}

".

Dec 12, 2006 7:33:00 PM com.sap.security.core.persistence [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_62] Fatal: Initialization of UME persistence adapter "R3_DATASOURCE" failed.

service com.sap.security.core.ume.service ================= ERROR =================

Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.frame.KernelResourceBundle', ID='UME initialization failed.', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key UME initialization failed.</b>

We have verified the userid and password, and they are correct. Changed the values with configtool, but still get this error. What else can be done to get J2EE up and running ?

We are running a ABAP+Java instance.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ernest Lluis.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ernest,

As per: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3a/4a0640d7b28f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

have you check the user in the abap stack with SU01?

Check that the accounts are not locked expired etc.

Cheers

Dan

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Actually we checked out the user SAPJSF and it's password and we are sure they are correct. But we think the SPS9 apply has changed the configtool parameters, might it really be ??

We had a similar situation during installation where the username was bad written in configtool: SAPJFS instead of SAPJFS !

Yesterday we got even the user blocked due to many failed logons... We think that maybe there is some other parameter that we are missing wich can help the Java Stack to determine the user for logging on the Abap Stack.

Anyway, I'll try to Activate the emergency user to be able to finish the upgrade... I'll let you know if it worked.

Please tell me if you have some other idea arround this assuming that user in configtool is well parametrized.

Thanks again !

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt that the patching will have changed the settings in the config tool. Especially not the user password etc..

Have you checked that the admin user you are unlocking is in the correct client?

Check it in both 200 and 000.

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I am checking this but the user SAPJSF (wich is causing the problem) does not exists in client 000, only exists in 200 where it's unlocked and it has the correct assigned roles. Also the roles are consistent...

Should it exist in 000 ? Actually in configtool we specified that the portal must access client 200 at the abap stack.

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that sound correct.. it should not need to be in client 000..

Can you login using the sapgui to 200 with sapjsf?