Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM_UI_QUEUE causes a dump

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed the SAPWAS successfully but am having problems importing the transports/SPAM Update and patches. Basically the RDDIMPDP job does not get kicked off automatically, I have to do it manually. I have updated the kernel, tp and sapevt and scheduled the job RDDIMPDP with user DDIC via RDDNEWPP.

After forcing the SPAM update in via the manual execution of RDDIMPDP when I now try to define a queue on the front screen the program dumps.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the dump?

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

The dump is as follows. I have check the FM and it contains no code! I presume this is not normal. I can define the queue from within the package directory but still I have to execute RDDIMPDP manually.

Runtime errors CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_ACTIVE

Exception CX_SY_DYN_CALL_ILLEGAL_FUNC

Occurred on 09.02.2005 at 22:10:24

This function module is not active or contains no code.

What happened?

The function module "SPAM_UI_QUEUE" is called, but

cannot be found in its function group.

Error in ABAP application program.

The current ABAP program "SAPMSPAM " had to be terminated because one of the

statements could not be executed.

This is probably due to an error in the ABAP program.

What can you do?

Print out the error message (using the "Print" function)

and make a note of the actions and input that caused the

error.

To resolve the problem, contact your SAP system administrator.

You can use transaction ST22 (ABAP Dump Analysis) to view and administer

termination messages, especially those beyond their normal deletion

date.

is especially useful if you want to keep a particular message.

Error analysis

An exception occurred. This exception is dealt with in more detail below

. The exception, which is assigned to the class 'CX_SY_DYN_CALL_ILLEGAL_FUNC',

was neither

caught nor passed along using a RAISING clause, in the procedure

"SET_DISPLAY_QUEUE" "(FORM)"

Since the caller of the procedure could not have expected this exception

to occur, the running program was terminated.

The reason for the exception is:

The program "SAPMSPAM " contains the CALL FUNCTION statement.

The name of the function module to be called is "SPAM_UI_QUEUE".

but "SPAM_UI_QUEUE" cannot be found in its function group.

Possible reasons:

a) The function module "SPAM_UI_QUEUE" has not been activated. Therefore,

it cannot be found at runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, looks like something went wrong during your tp upgrade since dump is related to FM SPAM_UI_QUEUE should definately contain code. Recommend to re-do the SPAM/SAINT upgrade and follow the instructions as mentioned. Tiest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian you are trying the SPAM 18 right? Before you go through the TP upgrade trouble try importing SPAM 17 instead see if you get the same error.

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tiest, Craig

When I update SPAM to 18 the last time I had no issues but then the event kicking of RDDIMPDP was working correctly. Since I am running this manually I think this has some baring. Any ideas as to why my jobs are not running from sapevt correctly? I presume I will have to run sapevt manually to see the trace output.

Thanks again for all your help.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I had the problems with that it was the TP version and my profile not being set properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, couple of things we should ensure are configured correctly. 1) Did you maintain parameter rdisp/wp_no_btc? This to enable background processing. 2) Test the actual transport tool itself using TCODE STMS, tab 'Transport Tool' and select test. What are the results here? 3) Check whether or not a job exists for RDDIMPDP, if not execute program RDDNEWPP to schedule this job. Let me know whether you found some discrepanties here. Tiest

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tiest

I changed my profile to have the 2,2,1,1,1 no of work process. The job runs when triggered manually in SM64. I have the new sapevt in place as well as the new TP. The transport test in SPAM reports everything ok. I created the job under user DDIC and it is sitting there in released status. Somehow, the event is not either not being triggered or the event fails to trigger the job correctly. I have rest my system to pre-SPAM update so that I can resoleve the transport issue before progressing again.

I will import a transport via the command line to try to trace the error.

Cheers

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, one option you could try is to re-create a new job and see whether or not it is being kicked of. It' a long shot but we can try this. Tiest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a thought but what kernel version are you at?

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

I'm at 1027.

Another question, this time on profiles. I have three, default, BSP_DVEBMGS00_P72367 and START_DVEBMGS00_P72367. I have had to change modify entries in the transport tool removing the p72367 and replacing it with laptop which is the name of my laptop. Should I harmonise these three profiles?

Cheers

Ian

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Craig

Are you able to give me step by step instructions to being able to setup the transport tool? What ever I do does not work. If you spell it out I may see what I am missing.

Thanks

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, the profiles you are mentioning are the standard profiles (I have them too). Your issue is related to profile BSP_DVEBMGS00_P72367 this one (Instance profile) should be there, standard with the SAP Basis installation, but you should also have another one related to your OWN database instance, e.g mine is BSP_D00. Do you have a second Instance profile available, if so make the parameter changes there. If not we need to examine your MiniWAS installation directory. Check the main MiniWAS directory for any pfl-files other than default.pfl. When you locate that one open the file and look whether it contains entries for: 1) SAPSYSTEMNAME and 2) INSTANCE_NAME, these two make up the profilename your looking for, e.g. BSP_D00 where BSP is SAPSYSTEMNAME and D00 is the instance name. When you have located that file and ensured it is not available as a profile in RZ10, we need to import it. To do so execute RZ10, select Profile and Import. Select the name of the missing profile we found. Make yhe cahnes you did before accordingly and your transport system should work. Good luck, Tiest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, Tiest is right about those checks but I would suggest you do the complete kerenl upgrade I have a feeling you've grab a TP release that doesn't work with this kernel.

Go ahead and try what Tiest suggests first and if it doesn't work then you'll have to check about the kernel.

So again.

1) RZ10 transaction and Import All Active Profiles.

2) Ensure your BSP_D00 is correct with all the proper settings (I only use this one the others are not used in my system)

3) Try the import again.

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks again guys.

I have imported the profiles into sap. Do I need any V2 updates? Currently I have 0.

I have scheduled RDDIMPDP to run every minute which gets by my import problem at the moment. No idea why TP won't kick it off. I am now on kernel 1271 and have upgrade the db to cure the work processes dying. Busy importing the patches again.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very strange but I think the problem is with the Kernel but scheduling the job is not a bad thing I've done the same on some systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, I agree with Craig here but do not understand what you mean with v2 updates. Can you explain? Secondly did you have to import the profile I mentioned? Again the instance profile basically determines how the WAS should react. What was the name of the profile you imported and how did you schedule the job? Also check out OSS note 739968 to see whether or not it applies to your situation. Tiest

Message was edited by: Tiest van Gool

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gents

I imported the profile as suggested. The V2 updates are specified in the profile in RZ10. I always thought they were 'second stage' profiles. I scheduled the job in SM37 as normal but have it going every minute.

I have had a look at the OSS note but it is not quire the same. Thank you for taking the trouble for looking for me though, Tiest.

I am now up to SP 42. SP38 did not give any problems this time round although now after applying SP43 I cannot log back on and if I continue onto SP 44 the Main Import just hangs. Should I be upgrading the kernel again? I am on 1271. I will try it anyway.

Cheers

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, what do you mean you can not login again? How do you apply the transports then? Tiest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, there is a kernel upgrade required around SP43 I believe (I can't remember exactly) however I would just go ahead and upgrade to the latest kernel and tp and then do the upgrades to SP48.

As for your login problem I would run the saplicense command from the "cmd" window to see what the status there is, remember the server license is a 90 license then you have to request a new one with a new hardware key.

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I couldn't logon as the logon screen dumped. Therefore I restored my system again to go back to previous version.

I have now upgraded the kernel to 1602 and am attempting SP43 again.

Since I reinstalled everything the other week, my license has a while to run yet.

Cheers guys. I'll keep you updated.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are getting close here! Tiest

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have stopped at Basis SP42, ABAP SP41 as I'm getting problems past this. Is this enough to complete all the weblogs?

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically yes, I did most of mine at SP41-43. Although you may find an issue here or there with updates to elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian, I would start experimenting with the WebLogs and in case you run into any issues, we can always try to solve your SP Updates. Have fun with the weblogs and do not hesitate to ask any questions. Tiest

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Many, many thanks for all of you help, gents. It is greatly appreciated. I will start off on the weblogs this week.

Cheers

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good luck, they are fun and definately worth while experimenting with. Also have a look at SAPPress and look for a book titled 'BSP Extensions: How to master Web reporting with HTMLB'. Very good as well, exspecially the explanations. Tiest

By the way, Ian, close this thread so people will use it for their reference by marking the question as solved. Good luck again, and let me know if you need anything (you got my email address).

Message was edited by: Tiest van Gool

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide more details regarding the actual dump you are getting? Tiest