Thanks!

Sharat Chandra

Message was edited by:

Sharat Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

ECM is Engeneering Change Management

It is shipped in the SAP_ABA Layer and is that's why in nearly every System.

You can use transactions cc01 -cc03 to create / edit / view change numbers

and edit for example a Bill of Materials with this change number.

So you get a history of the change states of the object.

with kind regards marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcus Wagler

that was helpfull. Please correct me if i am wrong. ECM is a number which is assigned to BOM only when change/ material only when it is changed. this number is helpfull to see why that BOM/material is changed.

So ECM is required only when a Material/BOM is changed or both when creating/changing a material/BOM

Thanks again.

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/d8/7329d14b7511d1894b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/d8/7329d14b7511d1894b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm</a>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Require help, on the below.

Is there any mechanism by which approved/ ECN automatically does required update like addition and deletion of part numbers, quantity change and update the revision automatically?

Regards,

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An engineering change request is used to control the changes for objects such as documents, BOMS,Routings,Inspection plans etc.

The main purpose of using ECR is to control the changes and implement it thru proper channel.ECR goes thru various steps such as checking objects, approval by manager, converting ECR to ECO and finally releasing it.This way changes to the objects will be documented and approved by authorized personnel.

In our company, we use ECR's to create new version of the document(in DMS),change BOM/Routing.

You dont need ECR's to create BOM.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Pavana

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pavana,

your below answer helped me a lot. Can you please help me one of the below small clarification.

1) what is the use of converting approved ECN to ECO?

2) Is there any mechanism by which ECN automatically updates the BOM like addition and deletion of part numbers or any thing else and update the revision automatically?