cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing RFC to Webservice scenario with this weblog.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

I created functions and programs and activated it. Now when I run abap program I am getting this error

"Funtion module does not exit on destination system".

But My funtion module is working fine..

regards,

Mukharji.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a little confused...

<b>I am doing RFC to Webservice scenario with this weblog.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

I created functions and programs and activated it. Now when I run abap program I am getting this error

"Funtion module does not exit on destination system".</b>

You mention that you are doing an RFC to Webservice... So then why would there be a destination System...

Your destination is the webservice right? So then I think you have some issues with your receiver settings...

Message was edited by:

Alex Ong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here My destination system is XI... from R/3.. ...

REPORT Z_TEST_RFC_XI_WEBSERVICE.data: lv_distance type char10.CALL FUNCTION 'Z_WEBSERVICE_TEST_SHABZ' <b>destination 'Z_WEBSERVICE' </b> EXPORTING FROMZIP = '12222' TOZIP = '22222' IMPORTING DISTANCE = lv_distance.write : 'Distance is : ' , lv_distance.

Here in abap code this code (destination 'Z_WEBSERVICE' ) is my RFC Destination which written in r/3 , it calls XI system from R/3 system.

regards,

Mukharji.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should not be an R3 connection. It should be a TCP IP Connection in Sm59.

Please refer to these blogs on the TCP IP connection to be created on the R3 system to send data via sender RFC to XI,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Bhavesh

I created TCP IP connection...(Preaviously i created abap connection.)

then it starts working.... these weblogs helped me lot.

Now I am facing another problem... "Uable to find the HOST name". what should i given in this parameter in the SOAP adaptor.?

thx and regards,

Mukharji.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the SOAP Url you have given in the SOAP adapter? This is what is treated as the hostname.

Take a look at the blogs I had given earlier to understand what the SOAP url and SOAP action would be for your webservice.

Also, if there is a proxy server between the XI server and the Webservice, make sure you are giving the proxy server settings.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure that you have created a FM that is <b>Remote enabled</b> and exists on your source R3 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

I created and activated FM and it was remote enabled in my R/3 system. When I run this program in R/3 , this error written in XI system (ST22).

regards,

Mukharji