cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Jars

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to create a DC with type of J2EE Ejb, in which it will reference several external JARs . I have added the JARs to the java build path, but I am not able to build the project with CBS.

How to add this JARs to CBS?

I'm new to NWDI.

Any help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MartyMcCormick
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hui,

You need to place these jars into an external library DC, create a public part based on the jars and then reference this public part from your j2ee DC. This will allow the CBS to build it on check in. Here's a link to a guide that guides you step by step (although it's example is portal, it would be the same steps in your case)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/194bdc4f-0901-0010-82ba-bf7...

Thanks,

Marty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marty,

Very useful documentation! I have rewarded some points. But I didn't find a DC type named External Library. The reason maybe the version of my NWDS is too low.

Version: 2.0.9

Build id: 200411030238

I searched sap service marketplace, and found there are two versions of NWDS: 2.0 and 7.0. Which one should I use? What's the difference?

Thanks!

Regards.

Hui

MartyMcCormick
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hui,

What version is your portal runtime on?

I believe the External Library DC was introduced in SP14. You can update your local developer studio from 9 by downloading the latest NWDS that matches your runtime. service.sap.com/patches, entry by application group, netweaver, 04, nw developer studio. you can run the installer and select update local instance.

2.0 is NW04 version, 7.0 is NW04S version. Your local NWDS should match your target runtime environment.

Hope this helps,

Marty

null