cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on ECATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If I use a third party tool for testing say mercury then is it possible to upload scripts created using mercury can be uploaded to eCATT. How to achieve this?

On help.sap they have mentioned that we can call mercury or third party from ecatt tool and do the recording but in my case i have some existing mercury scripts which i need to call in ecatt.

Points will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member585451
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Prakhar,

YOu can call scripts created using external tools( only those allowed by eCATT ) with the eCATT command REFEXT.

Pattern ==> All ==> REFEXT

Hope this solves your issue.

Best Regards,

Harsha

Message was edited by:

HarshaChaithanya Kethepalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to know the name of mercury tool which can be called from ecatt tool using sap gui mode.

I wil reward points.

former_member585451
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Prakar,

I have myself not used any tools as such, but as far as my knowledge goes, you can use Test Partner (TP) & Quick Test Professional (QTP).

I read somewhere that we could also use either of these Winrunner/Loadrunner with eCATT but I am not sure about that, but you can use TP & QTP for sure.

Above all, the integration is not using any specific mode as SAPGUI or TCD, but it is used at the whole eCATT level..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Can you please help me.I am executing QTP scripts from eCATT, the execution modes availble are 3,(Normal,No Debug Mode, & With Surface of Externa Tool).

Can you please tell me, the details of these modes & is there any other mode of execution(like background).

Thanks,

Mahantesh

former_member585451
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahantesh,

Pl press F1 at the field, which would give you the following info..

- Normal: The external tool is started as a background process

- Debug mode: The external tool starts with the user interface and stops at a breakpoint before the first statement in the external script in the debug mode of the external tool

- With the user interface of the external tool: The external tool is started as a foreground process

If you want your ext. tool to be executed in backgroud, use Mode - NORMAL.

Hope this helps..

Best regards,

Harsha

PS: Please create a new thread for new questions, if you post your question in an existing thread, others(ppl searching for any specific solution) might not see this and even they will be forced to create a new thread.

Thanks for understanding.

null