cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a question about DTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I create a project from a remote peoject in DTR, I mean I right-mouse-click on package name whick displayed in DTR and select "Create project" item, sometime the dev studio popup "New Project" Wizard and sometime the dev studio popup "Create Eclipse project", why?????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create any project using the IDE, it creates a unique .project file which identifies it as a "project". So when you were rt-cliking in the DTR on a folder, and if this folder already has a .project file, then the IDE knows which type of project it has to create and simply says "New Project". But if this .project file doesnt exist in that DTR folder, it doesnt know and hence you get "Create Eclipse Project".

Hope that clarifies,

Thanks,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had delete all files and directory in DTR folder, I mean there isn't any .project file exists, so why the dev studio popup "New Project" Wizard and sometime the dev studio popup "Create Eclipse project",

BTW: I want the IDE popup "Create Eclipse project", so the IDE can download potalapp.xml from DTR automaticly!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I presume you are working with the DTR perspective.

I do not see any reason why you get Create Eclipse Project wizard. Choose development component type for the project (if you are working with SAP component model!) and continue.

regards,

Bhuwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had delete all files and directory in DTR folder, I mean there isn't any .project file exists, so why the dev studio popup "New Project" Wizard and sometime the dev studio popup "Create Eclipse project",

BTW: I want the IDE popup "Create Eclipse project", so the IDE can download potalapp.xml from DTR automaticly!