cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JOB ACTIVE IN SM37 BUT NO DISPLAY OF JOB EXECUTION IN SM50 ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello friends,

I scheduled a job in background and it is still active but it is not shown in sm50?

what might be the cause?

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sitiaishah_abdulfatah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the issue resolve? is the kernel problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stev,

i refreshed the display but the job was still in active state but when i clicked job -> check status , the status changed to 'cancelled'. why this happened? Actually i cancelled this background process from my server but it was still showing active in sm37 but was not showing in sm50 .Even though i was refreshing sm37 it was not showing 'job cancelled' ,why ?

thanks i got the solution but another question arises 'why system doesn't change the status of job when cancelled from sm50'

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in short words (note 767673):

Transaction SM37 displays the job status just as it is saved in the database. The database has not been refreshed for any reason, probably because the work process terminated without any control. In a case like this, the task handler should call the BtcCleanUp kernel function, which then sets the job status to 'canceled' in the database. However, that has not happened in this case.

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

select the job in SM37. Then choose 'Job' -> 'Check Status'. Refresh the screen. Is its still running?

Sven

clas_hortien
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe it is running on a different application server. Does SM66 show it ?

Regards

Clas