cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configure runtime system

Former Member
0 Kudos

When configure a runtime system in a track, we need to input the URL, user and password for the J2EE Engine.

I have tried to input a user with a role of Administration, but it dosen't work. I got some error messages like "user is not authorized".

Could anyone give some hint?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the group Administrator is not enough, you have to enter the CMS user into the group NWDI.Administrators (see also note 840523). That group should contain a role which contains the following actions:

- CBS.Administrator

- CMS.Administrate

- com.sap.lcr.LcrAdministrator

- com.sap.lcr.LcrInstanceWriterAll

- com.sap.lcr.LcrUser

(You can do that with the UME web interface: http://<hostname>:<port>/useradmin)

and add the group to the security role LcrInstanceWriterAll under sap.com/com.sap.lcr*sld in the Visual Administrator.

After you added the CMS user to the NWDI.Administator-group, you can remove it from the Administrators, if you only use it for the CMS tracks - it doesn't need the rest of the Administrators' authorizations).

Regards,

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

You are talking about the user configuraitons for the NWDI? My problem is at the user of the runtime system. For example, When I want to add a DEVELOPMENT runtime system to a track, I need to input a J2EE engine user for the DEVELOPMENT runtime sysetm?

Is that clear? Or I misunderstand you?

Thanks!

Message was edited by:

Hui Wang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the username and password that u give in the runtime systems is correct. The user credetials should be that of the SDM.

With the Username and password try logging into ur SDM directly. If it is successful then that should do.

- Nagarajan.

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hui,

additionally you have to check if there is a firewall between the NWDI server and SDM. If this is the case you have to open your firewall for the SDM host and port.

Regards Helmut