Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt on PIAPPLUSER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I am facing the simple problem but really wondering to find the way to rectify

Often PIAPPLUSER gets locked automaticallly whenever any scenarios is executed it gets locked..i have checked all the settings and everything is fine

Can somebody tell me where am i missing..From my understandings PIAPPLUSER is used or referred at

1.Exchange profile

2.ABAP engine SU01

3.SLDAPICUST-user id and password

4.JAVA engine Visual administrator

Apart from these am i missing amything.Kindly help

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The APPLUSER is used for any end application to send data to XI. Also, for every application sending data to XI, create a separate service user id with the role of SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER .

Apart from a applications sending data to XI, i dont think the APPLUSER is used internally anywhere in any connections. What would be happeniong is some application has the incoorect password and it is attempting to send data to XI with the incorrect password and so is getting locked.

maybe the R3 system is using the APPLUSER and it has the incorrect passwor.

Refet this blog for the connections in an R3 system that use the APPLUSER,

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Regards,

Bhavesh

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

<i>create a separate service user id with the role of SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER</i> .

Can i use the existing PIAPPLUSER and is that enough?

W<i>hat would be happeniong is some application has the incoorect password and it is attempting to send data to XI with the incorrect password and so is getting locked.</i>

How do i correct this and will that be possible to find and change.coz developers often complain abt this..

Also,when PIAPPLUSER gets locked ,LCR_BUSINESS SYSTEM are not getting displayed in the SLDCHECK transaction but after unlocking it works fine..

Anyways to change for setting a never lock for PIAPPLUSER??

Thanks

Gopal

null

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>Can i use the existing PIAPPLUSER and is that enough?</i>

SAP recommends that you create a seaparate user id for every application that is going to access the system with the same role of PIAPPLUSER as this way, XI's internal user id 's do not get locked.

More details , I guess a BASIS admin can give!

Regards,

Bhavesh