cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT ; message ..endmessage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am recording a VA01 and everything is looking fine except the capture of the message.

The transaction is generating many message however the message/endmessage function is only capturing the first 2 messages and then stop (&tfill = 2). Because of this i cannot get the last message which contains the SO number.

Help?

Gilles

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the following link will help you to solve the problem please read

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1b/e81c3b84e65e7be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

SAPGUI ( ME21N_101_STEP_1 ).

MESSAGE ( MSG_1 ).

SAPGUI ( ME21N_14_STEP_9 ).

ENDMESSAGE ( E_MSG_1 ).

E_PONO = E_MSG_1-[1]-MSGV2.

SAPGUI ( S000_40_STEP_1 ).

Thanks & Regards

Neel

former_member585451
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Neel..

You might get some errors using this approach as you cannot say for sure that the message you are looking for would be in the first line. - E_MSG_1-[1]-MSGV2

Instead, use a DO loop and traverse through all the messages that the E_MSG_1 is captured..

Procedure can be like this..

MESSAGE ( MSG_1 ).

SAPGUI ( ME21N_14_STEP_9 ).

ENDMESSAGE ( E_MSG_1 ).

DO ( &MSX ).

IF ( E_MSG_1[&LPC]-MSGID = <SOMETHING> AND E_MSG_1[&LPC]-MSGNR = <SOMETHING> ).

E_PONO = E_MSG_1-[&LPC]-MSGV2.

ENDIF.

ENDDO.

Best regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilles,

eCATT SAPGUI does capture only those messages shown by SAPGUI in message area at statusbar. Type 'I' messages are not shown in SAPGUIs statusbar. So eCATT SAPGUI does only capture type S,W,E,A messages and pass them to surrounding MESSAGE block.

Additionally eCATT SAPGUI captures messages written to application log of the application under test.

eCATT TCD does capture messages of all types.

Best regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i am using SAPGUI.

I use a similar approach in the previous step when creating the Quote and i get the "quote created" message successfully which allows me to pass the quote number to create the sales order.

I am doing exactly the same thing with the order, but only the 2 first messages are captured and no Sales Order number.

I am not using any rules in the messages interface to avoid all mistake and capture all.

MESSAGE ( MSG_1 ).

SAPGUI ( VA01_101_STEP_1 ).

SAPGUI ( VA01_100_STEP_1 ).

SAPGUI ( VA01_100_STEP_2 ).

SAPGUI ( VA01_4001_STEP_1 ).

SAPGUI ( VA01_4001_STEP_2 ).

SAPGUI ( VA01_101_STEP_2 ).

ENDMESSAGE ( E_MSG_1).

I can see the message during the execution but nothing in the log. Any other suggestion?

Gilles

Former Member
0 Kudos

>I can see the message during the execution but nothing in the log.

Can you see it in the statusbar or is it a popup ?

Please also inspect the log of SAPGUI command at which the message occures (and maybe also the next SAPGUI command thereafter ). Are all these messages captured in sapgui log but not endmessage ?

former_member585451
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gilles,

Are you using TCD or SAPGUI.

If you are using TCD, pl check if you have the item called MSX in the interface right below the DYNPROs.

If you are using SAPGUI, kindly check if you have the SAPGUI at the end which has the interface for message block. If you dont have it, try to attach the SAPGUI and save the order once, You would get this interface with the message number.

We seem to have an issue with the message -- endmessage block. Msg block captures the messages with the next available interface, so in your recording if you have got no interface after save(like the message interface), E_MSG_1 doesnt capture the messages.

Can you check if you have the message interface.

But you mentioned &tfill=2, then message block is able to capture messages, Can you check, if you have made any mistakes while creating rules in the message block. This could also prevent the block from capturing messages.

Hope this helps..

Best regards,

Harsha