cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Receiver Determination - Hard-coded Receivers??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mates,

I need to implment enhanced receiver determination. I see from the documentation and blogs that I need to hard-code the receiver service i.e. specifying the value in message mapping.

What happens if I transport this mapping program to QA or PROD system? Do I need to take care of the Receiver system names in QA & PROD in the mapping.

Isnt it hard-coding?

Is there any better way of doing this, apart from using the BPM.

I appreciate your inputs.

thx in adv

praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Use value mapping . In every environment maitain the Business System Name in the value mapping table in the Integrtaion Directory and then access the same in your Enhanced Receiver Determinations Mapping and avoid hard coding!

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thats a gud approach..you suggested.

Thanks & Points for you

praveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

What we did on out last project is we used the runtime variable sender and populated the corresponding Business service for Receiver...

Eg.

If Sender = Dev_R10 then receiver Service = Dev_S10

if Sender = QA_R10 then receiver Service = QA_S10

But this will be useful when sender and receiver has the same number of instances...ie. Dev, QA and Prod

Cheers,

Himadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Himadri,

If I code the following in the UDF, it becomes hard-coding...that is what I want to avoid.

If Sender = Dev_R10 then receiver Service = Dev_S10

if Sender = QA_R10 then receiver Service = QA_S10

thx

praveen

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using enhanced receiver determination, you are going to provide Receiver Details in the Integration Directory right ? If so, anyway while doing Transport from the Dev to QA, you are creating a Transport Target for the business systems.. So here in the configuration it will take care ...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm

But, I am not sure where are you refering about Hard-Coding ?

Rgds,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

I'm talking about the hard-coding of receiver systems name in the Mapping specified in Enhanced Receiver Determination.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/a5f2066340332de10000000a11466f/content.htm

thx

praveen